Kohls for clothes

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dconklin • Mar 30, 2012.

1. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    My absolute favorite store to go shopping for clothes is Kohls. They have the cutest kids clothes and you can always find a good deal. High quality clothing, the clothes I get from there last longer then some of the other stores.

Shop the clearance rack and really save! They offer things up to 80% off on the clearance rack. I did all my girls' school shopping there (besides the shoes which can be expensive there) and I saved a lot of money. Catch it when they are running their Kohl's cash and you will get free $10 for every $50 you spend. I am addicted to this store, seriously :)

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I love the Kohl's for clearance shopping. You can get some pretty amazing deals and I've never had any problems with their products. I don't buy kid's clothes too much any more because my kids have all grown up now. I did buy a baby shower gift there last year and was surprised by their selection of baby items and clothes.

3. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    I can never ever find a thing at Kohls for me. I keep thinking that maybe I overlooked something or went there during a bad time, but I have had no luck. On the other hand, I have found lots of cute clothes for my husband and toddler boys. They have cute baby clothes too. I am not giving up on them yet, because I have heard of so many people loving to shop there.

4. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    It may depend on your style. I like to shop in the misses for myself, tho I am not in my 20's anymore :) I do like the clothes there. I am not sure about the women's section for clothes as I do not usually buy dressy clothes. I am sure you will find something there soon, they have some great deals. I always try to plan my trips around their Kohl's cash to get extra money back for my next trip.

5. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I love Kohls! I wait until they send me a 30% off coupon and usually pair it up when they have the spend $50 and get $10 Kohls cash. For me, I love Vera Wang, Lauren Conrad, and some of J. Lo's things. I can almost always find things I like on clearance as well.

6. hummingbirdee

hummingbirdeeMember

Threads:
    Kohls has some screaming deals. I love how they send me offers in the mail. I got a pair of sandals there for $2 last year, thanks to a $10 gift they sent me. I have better luck with sale items than with clearance items. I think it is because they are all picked over by the time I get there.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I was actually pleasantly surprised the first time I was in a Kohl's. I had heard plenty of people raving about it, but people always rave about their favorite stores, right?

I walked in, expecting name brands and overpriced stock, and well yeah, there's plenty of that. But you're so right about the clearance racks. They always seem to have lots of them and instead of only being 10% off here or 20% off there, they're -major- price drops. You can tell they move inventory fast because the prices are dirt cheap on a lot of the stuff constantly.

8. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    One year I did all of the girls school shopping (everything but shoes) at Kohl's and I bought at least 12 outfits for the girls(jeans and shirts) - 6 outfits each , socks and underwear, a couple dresses each and with everything I spent $185. I couldn't even do that at Walmart!

Edit: This was from sales and from 2 trips. I ended up with $30 Kohl's cash that I came back to use on the second trip.

#8Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  9. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    Wow! What a good deal. I went there at Christmas and bought a few picture frames and mens shirt. I used some Kohls cash, but did not seem like I got that great of a deal. I always here of people buying and getting good deals, but either I don't have a good eye, or I go at the wrong times. Maybe I will have to try to go back again.

10. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    You definitely have to catch them at the right time to get the savings like that. I keep an eye on the fliers and wait for the big back to school sale. Usually around mid-late August. Jeans were buy one get one, others were half off, clearance rack had some great items and they had dresses on sale for 60% off. Then after spending the $185, I got $30 Kohl's cash and went back to get more in a couple days.

Keep an eye on the fliers and look through the prices in the flier. You can do quite well at the right time.

11. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    I wish We had a kohls here but we dont. The closest thing we have is Ross but its not quite as good as Kohls. I think Kohls has better deals & much better quality of items in their store :)

12. Jessi

Threads:
    That's pretty awesome! I've done the same thing with Goody's before, too. Do you have any of those in your area? I love them even more than Kohl's, but unfortunately ours shut down a couple years ago. :(

13. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    Kohl's and Marshalls are both good stores to find some great deals at. If you have a Gordman's or Gaberiel Brothers in your area check them out. Gaberiel Brothers has become our favorite place to shop for back to school clothes. My son used to have to wear uniforms, and they were very expensive. Gaberiel Brothers sold the polo shirts for $3 and the pants for $6. We can always find jeans for $10 and under in all sizes. I have filled a cart full of clothes and only spent a couple hundred dollars. Their sidewalk sales are the best. We found some new name brand clothes for $1 a piece at one.

14. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Goody's doesn't sound familiar. Did they close all of them down or just by you? Are they just clothes or similar to Kohl's? I think I will have to do some Googling to see if I can find one.

15. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Marshalls is a good store too, but Kohl's is a 5 minute drive and our closest Marshalls is about 45 minutes. I don't make it to Marshalls that often because of the further distance. I have never heard of Gordman's or Gaberiel Brothers, but they sound like they are quite a deal!

16. Jessi

Threads:
    They went bankrupt a couple years ago and had to close a bunch of stores, one of which was near me. They didn't shut down everything, though, and are actually starting to reopen them slowly. If you can find one near you, it's worth making a trip to check it out. They used to have an online shop, too, but the sales weren't as good, of course.

17. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I think clearance and discounted items are usually better in store then online. The store locator wouldn't take my zip code, it starts with a 0 and it automatically took the 0 off and said it didn't recognize it. So I did a search for in PA and the closest one I could find to me is over an hour highway driving away. Probably about 70 miles or so. But I that was using a PA zip code.

I was thinking about taking the ride up to the big outlet mall in PA. It is not too far from us and they have all sorts of stores. I can't guarantee the deals as I have never been to them.

18. Kevin128672

Kevin128672Member

Threads:
    Yes! It is definitely a good place to shop for clearance sales! I found my most recent purchase in the rack, and bought it for less than $40. The actual price was something like $90+! I got a high quality Apt. 9 jacket for over half off. Definitely satisfied with my purchase.