Kohls

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by melmac • Apr 27, 2012.

1. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    I have very mixed feelings about Kohl's Department Store. Yes, they are known for their sales, but I hate going to their big 70% off sales and finding none of the clothes are my size or the clothes that are being sold should have left the rack seven years ago. I understand its the end of the season, so you can't really complain since its so cheap, but end of what season? 2003? The other thing that drives me crazy about Kohls is when they have their big "Buy One, Get One Half Off" sale. If its not buy one, get one free than its not really a great deal--especially if you don't need two. I wish they had an option of Buy one and get the second half off, OR buy one for 25% off. That way its a win-win situation b/c they keep their reputation of having great deals. The only time I really go to Kohls is if I'm looking for a plain shirt on clearance or they have their big shoe sales. I won't complain about the end of the season shoe sale b/c I don't care if the high Heels came from 10 years ago, they're fabulous and only 15 bucks. :cool:

2. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    Kohl's is a mixed bag for me, too. I really like the fact that you can charge items on a Kohl's card and then pay it off that day. That allows you to take advantage of some of the special offers available to cardholders, but stay out of debt at the same time. Once in a while they have clothes on sale that fit and appeal to me. Just as often, though, I find nothing. My best purchase recently was an electric razor for my husband. I talked to several people and read lots of reviews and figured out what I wanted to buy for him. Then I found it on sale for maybe 40 or 50% off at Kohl's the same week I had a 30% off coupon. I also had a store credit from something, I can't remember what. Anyway, by using all those things together, I was able to get him a nice razor at a fraction of the original price!

3. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes sales really make you feel awful. Sales are good for stores as well, as they get to advertise, they win new customers and they don't throw away clothes, but still, they make you feel like trash. I mean, it is the same items you used to sell on full price so don't look at me like that. Kohls is a big department store and has a huge sale so things are more difficult there, but you should just keep your eyes open and be polite. There is nothing else you can do, unless they change their attitude.

4. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    Kohls is a mixed bag. The local store for me hardly has anything in my size and when they do have them it is generally highly priced to the point I cannot afford the items. However, by my parents house they can locate anything they want to have and get to save a ton of money on the clothing. Really drives me crazy at times!

5. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I live in Wisconsin, and the Kohls here is great! I love some of the designers in the misses department- Vera Wang, Lauren Conrad, J-Lo- and can usually find a pretty good deal on them. I try to wear clothes that are timelesl so I don't run into the issue of what is new and what is old. I choose pretty items in a nice fabric that I feel good in. When I want to follow a trend I accessorize or shop cheaper since I know it will be out of style sooner rather than later.

6. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    If you're not limited by trends and fashion and stuff like that, Kohls is a great place to get clothes. I've been there a few times with my friend who is a cardholder and man do they get a lot of discounts. I got my cozy jacket there for 80% off, admitted it wasn't the most fashionable but it was dirt cheap and it did what I needed it to do perfectly.

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Our local Kohl's is pretty good, the employees are always very nice and helpful. It can be a challenge to find the right size when they have their bigger sales. I usually try to get household items instead of clothes at the sale and manage to get some really good buys.

8. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I stopped shopping at Kohl's. If they are not having a sale then the prices are just as high as other department stores. Plus when they do have a sale they are either too busy, or out of anything I am there to buy. And I go shopping for myself, my boyfriend, and 6 kids, so not finding much in terms of sizes is almost impossible when 8 people are involved! Plus the Kohl's in my area has to have such high security due to it's location, that just walking in the door makes you feel as though you need to cling to your purse for dear life. I have not encountered many friendly or helpful employees either.

9. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I like to shop at Kohls. Some of the prices are not the best but then sometimes they really are. I have trips where I cant fit enough into my arms and then I have trips where I cant find anything. I really think it depends on when you hit the store. I love to shop there during back to school and they have such great prices. Also during the Christmas season but other times during the year are when I usually leave empty handed. I do like the brands that they have there though. I am a fan of Goody's but all the ones close by closed so Kohls is the closest "goody's" type of store for me.

10. kla0316@gmail.com

Threads:
    I love our Kohl's. Its basically in my back yard, so I spend WAY too much money there! Whenever the sales person asks me if I have a coupon, I always say "oops I left it at home!", and they always allow me 20% off if I use my Kohl's card! They are always very friendly and plenty of folks in the aisles if you need help.

11. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever Kohl's has those clearance racks, I can never find my size. Everything is also thrown all over the place. It's really unorganized. I don't shop there too much just to go look at the sales, because I know I'll never find anything.