Kombucha - Do You Drink It?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Fitmomuv3 • Jan 25, 2015.

1. Fitmomuv3

Fitmomuv3New Member

Threads:
    I have been buying kombucha from my local health food store for a while now, and it's amazing! I love the ginger flavour, and there is a berry flavour that is out of this world. I hear that it is really good for you, full of all sorts of good probiotic cultures as well. I have read about people healing themselves of different things by drinking this, and I'm wondering if anyone had experienced this.
    It's really expensive, and I know that you can also make it yourself, has anyone tried this yet because the directions seem super complicated, but if I can save money, then I'm in! Thanks in advance!

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Kombucha is fermented, much like wine or beer, hence I would strongly advise against making it yourself unless you clearly know what you are doing. That said, yes it tastes wonderful and complex, and has been said to have many health benefits.

3. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my gosh I have heard about this. I saw a girl on tv that was making her own batches and I can say the descriptives about the whole thing turned me off so much I don't think I could ever drink it. It is supposed to have some good health benefits, but at the same time I wonder if that is scientifically proven and this is not just some new fad like drinking apple cider vinegar (i.e. works for some, not for others).

I am usually pretty adventurous too but something about this turns me off so much! I will say though everyone I see that mentions they drink it looks like a healthy, radiant, glowing person, so maybe there is something to it!