Kroger - Are You Using All The Features Of Your Plus Card?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by SweetMamaKaty • Jan 23, 2015.

1. SweetMamaKaty

SweetMamaKatyActive Member

Threads:
    A friend recently talked me into shopping at Kroger again. I had just gotten out of the habit I guess. But there's an app now - of course - which gave me something new to play around with.

Maybe everyone else on the planet already knows this, but since I didn't, I want to share - You can pre-load coupons onto your Kroger Plus Card! No more fumbling with coupons in the checkout lane (or in my case, losing the coupons entirely or forgetting them at home). You can load a TON, and they fall off when they've expired, without you having to sort back through them.

This is my first week trying it out, but as of right now, my favorite is the Free Friday Download.

So... what else am I missing? What do you love about your Kroger Plus Card?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    The fuel points are awesome at Kroger! I consistently get a .20 per gallon discount using my Kroger points, and lately Kroger's gas prices have been a few cents lower than the other gas stations nearby, too. I always forget to preload my coupons because usually I just stop at the store and pick up what I need for that day when I'm on my way home. I am a very unorganized grocery shopper!

3. squeeiswin

squeeiswinNew Member

Threads:
    Oh, man! I had no idea! Thank you for the tip! We just recently got a Kroger Marketplace in town, and I've been really impressed so far; the store has a ton of items I can't find at other grocery stores around town (which is nice since I enjoy cooking and trying new things out), a wide selection of artisan cheeses, a sushi bar, a huge bakery, and things like furniture and clothing. There's even a jewelry store inside! I'm pretty flighty, but the first time I went to the new store, I wandered around for 4 hours and hadn't even seen everything they had. I'll definitely have to check out the coupons.

4. SweetMamaKaty

SweetMamaKatyActive Member

Threads:
    Fuel points - that's great! I wondered if there was more that I was missing... When you say "Kroger's gas prices" do you mean that the points have to be used at a Kroger station? I didn't even know Kroger had gas stations, because the one where I live doesn't. How do they know what discount to give you? Is it linked to your card?

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I've never heard of the Kroger Marketplace. That sounds awesome!

And SweetMama, yes, the fuel points have to be used at the Kroger's gas stations. Not all stores have them, of course, but the ones that do end up giving you 10-20 cents off a gallon with your points.

6. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I believe Kroger points are good at Shell stations too, but I'm not sure how the points are redeemed. Maybe you just scan your grocery card the same as you do at the Kroger gas stations? If there aren't any Krogers with fuel stations by you I would definitely look into it.

If you do start using the fuel points another good tip is to buy any gift cards you need at Kroger. They earn extra fuel points.