Kroger Brand Medications

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Diane Lane • Apr 22, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been shopping at Kroger more lately, since it's the store that's closest to my home. Prior to this, I would head to Walmart when I got paid, and stock up on all of the medications I needed, while I was doing my grocery shopping. Since I'm trying not to drive as much, I decided to look at the Kroger brand of the medications I purchase on a regular basis, and I was pleasantly surprised. I've found the prices and quality are about comparable with the Great Value brand, as well as other generics I've purchased elsewhere.

2. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    I live in Oklahoma, we don't have Kroger here. But, we do have Wal-Mart. I really like Geat Value medications. Their ibuprofen PMs are just as good at Advil PM but literally half the cost of it. They're acetaminophen is just as good as Tylenol too and once again, literally half the price.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is interesting. The few times I looked in the Kroger Pharmacy, I thought their products were priced kind of high. I will have to look again. I don't get to Kroger as much as I would like as the closest one is probably 45 minutes away. I do like it as a store though. They have a lot of interesting options.

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    For the most part I don't think there's much of a difference between store brand medication and "name brand" medications for the most part. Of course there are differences in some cases, but typically the difference in price isn't worth spending more to purchase the bigger name brand item. So I would recommend that you continue to purchase the store brand items. Saves money, and the quality is pretty similar.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that used to be the case @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon, but I believe Kroger has become more aware that many customers are looking for bargains and will shop around and spend their money elsewhere, so have decided to accommodate those customers. The last time I was injured and needed specialized bandages that I didn't have on hand though, I ran to CVS and paid quite a bit for them. A few days later, I was at Kroger and decided to price that item just to see how their price compared with that of CVS, and the Kroger price was much lower. I later price compared the same item at Target, and it was about the same price as at Kroger. By the way, it was an OTC product, not dispensed through the Target pharmacy which is now run by CVS.