Kroger Brand Snacks

Discussion in Product Reviews started by prose • Nov 25, 2015.

1. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I have found that Kroger brand snacks are just as good, if not better, than name brand snacks. Specifically, Kroger brand pretzels, tortilla chips, and potato chips are great tasting, and are a great value, as they often go on sale for 10 for $10.

Do you purchase store brand snacks? Why or why not? Which store brand snacks would you recommend?

2. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    Jewels brand of dairy products has changed to Lucerine. We bought the jewels brand of strawberry cream cheese and it taste ok. I prefer different brand. I usually buy Walgreens brand of snacks and some medicine like asprin. I have tried the dollar store brand of snacks but that is a hit or miss type of thing.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought Kroger brand on several occasions; I often buy the Kroger brand milk, bread and snacks too. I have had Jewel's Lucerne brand as well. I'm not a big fan. I bought the Lucerne milk and it just didn't taste right. I bought it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke and it still didn't taste good to me.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had some of the Kroger brand snacks on occasion. I thought they were decent, but I prefer mainstream brands. I don't really go to Kroger very often because there is not one close to here..but in general I think Kroger is a store that has very good values most of the time. Make certain to check out their coupon section before a trip there and have them loaded on your loyalty card. I don't shop at Safeway or I haven't for a long time, so I don't know how the Lucerne milk tastes.

5. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I love popcorn and after being disappointed by several brand names I tried the Kroger brand, of course on sale. I love it. It's hard sometimes to change from a well known brand but gets easier when the company makes some change in the product which is very noticeable, like the Oreo cookies. Thinner cookie and sweeter filling. Those were one of my favorite dunking cookies but not any more.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I often buy off brand/store brand Wheat Thin type crackers. I love Wheat Thins, but I've had to cut back on just about everything these days. Kroger has the best Wheat Thin type crackers that I've found. The Great Value ones are o.k., but Kroger are much better. The one thing I don't like that Kroger makes is their instant oatmeal. I much prefer Great Value over that, because the Kroger variety (I buy Maple Brown Sugar and plain) tends to be sort of tasteless. It doesn't matter how much water I use, the product itself just doesn't have flavor. It's so bad that I recently bought some by mistake and threw it out, rather than making do. I do love the Kroger organic meat, though, that's good and reasonably priced.

7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I shop at Kroger often because there is one right by me. I have tried their tortilla chips and they are really good. They are very crispy and don't have the stale texture that other off brands can have. Plus, at a dollar a bag when they are on sale you can't beat that. I have tried some of there other snacks and they have been decent as well.

8. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I was just at Kroger shopping yesterday. I bought another two packages of their version of Wheat Thins. They actually have a few different variations on the basic ones, but I just buy the basic ones, because I love them so much. I'd probably like the others as well, but I don't have a lot of money to experiment. Perhaps one of these days, they'll put those specialty ones on their Friday Freebie, so I will get to taste them. I buy their cookies as well, and they are at least as good as the major brand cookies.

9. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I buy store brand products from time to time, and Kroger has some great tasting brands. However, I can't stand the Kroger brand of Apples and Cinnamon Oatmeal. Yes, I'm a snob when it comes to my Apples and Cinnamon Oatmeal-I prefer Quaker, however, I don't mind the Kroger Brand if the oatmeal is plain. The Apples and Cinnamon Oatmeal that's the Kroger brand always seems to like the apples are tougher and the flavor isn't there. Other than that, I think I don't have a real preference over Store Brands or National Brands.

10. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have always gone with the store brand option as of late and I have to say that they are living up to the expectations, and Kroger might just be leading the way. I feel that snacks are probably the best category when it comes to tasting like any fancy name brand options out there too, so that certainly helps. They have some really good chips and pretzels which is usually what I find myself buying the most.

11. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    I haven't bought the Kroger brand snacks all that often but the times that I have had them, I have thought they were good. it is one of the many of tasty varieities of snacks you can have. Kroger brand is just a tasty and affordable snack brand.

12. JackHope

JackHopeNew Member

Threads:
    I've been buying from Kroger lately to save money and some of their stuff is pretty good and some of it i.e the chocolate tastes pretty cheap.

13. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I've been purchasing a lot of the Kroger and P$$t brand items lately. Two of the ones I lean towards are Simple Truth and Simple Truth Organic. I can't afford some of the better 'cleaner' and organic brands, and I appreciate that Kroger offers these. They also usually have e-coupons available for these brands, which I also appreciate.

14. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    I plan to go to Kroger on Thursday. I am going to look for some of these products. I don't get there very often, because there are none in my immediate area. I am stuck with the insipid Food Lion, which is an OK store, but it doesn't offer the variety and great buys that Kroger does. I do like Shoppers Value though..which offers some fabulous buys along with some questionable purchases.

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought their sour cream and onion chips and they were amazing. I will never pay $4 for chips ever again when you can get $1 chips at Food 4 Less. I love Kroger cheese and their home essentials like paper towels and toilet paper. I have saved so much money by buying Kroger instead of buying name brand.

16. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We usually buy the store brand products for almost everything, unless it is something that it only can be the name brand.
    We ony buy food that iss essential most of the time; so snacks is not on the have-to-have list, and we only get those rarely. One snack that i do get is popcorn, because a bag of popcorn lasts a long time, and we have an air popper that we make the popcorn in, and I spray it with that butter-flavored cooking spray. It is a snack that we can enjoy, is simple to make, and costss next to nothing.

17. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely purchase store brand snacks because they have to be preserved with preservatives in order for them to have a long shelf life. Some of these preservatives like monosodium glutamate (MSG) have been known to be predisposing factors for cancer and other forms of morbidity. The manufacturing process also results in the depletion of volatile nutrients like vitamins.

18. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not familiar with the Kroger brand, but just stumbled across a discussion thread on it on ChatAbout. I take it it's an American supermarket chain? Well, I don't always buy stores own brand. I do sometimes take my chances, and some things I like, others I don't. My local supermarket to be fair, does really good stuff, so I buy quite a few of their own brand items, but certainly never my whole week's worth of shopping because there's other brands that I prefer when it comes to some items.

19. Naturalbeauty92

Naturalbeauty92New Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Kroger but I only buy certain items from their brand. I like their Hawaiian rolls, milk, and meats. I tried a few of their snacks but I didn't really like them. Their ice cream is bad quality as well. Overall, they are okay but of course you have to experience to find good products.