Label Your Tots Belongings

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Denis Hard • Aug 26, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When they start going to school, children will lose the belongings. Parents need to be prepared to either replace the lost items or label them so they can be returned to the owner [your kid] when they are found. Needless to say, this will save parents a lot of money.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My mother has always been quite 'possessive' about her children's belongings. Ever since I was a child, she has been this way. And with my three younger sisters now, she is the same way. She writes their names in the tags of their clothing, and finds a way to mark socks with their names too. That way, if there is a mix up, it can be cleared up quickly.

3. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    Labeling is the best way to ID your kids' stuff. There are a lot of creative ways to go about doing the labeling besides the regular Sharpie labeling. I've seen a lot of cute stuff on Pinterest but fortunately for me, I'm a homeschooler. ;o) Lol

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I can't agree more with labeling everything that goes to school. I'm a teacher and I can't tell you how many times I've found things and were able to return them to the owner because their names were on their coat, boots, shoes, pens, hats etc. For my own kids I mark all their items with either their initials or last name. I use a permanent marker or ensure it stays on all year. Not only does this save time - no more looking in the lost and found, this will also save you money by not having to rebuy the lost items. It also stops any problems when two kids have the same pair of boots.