Laptop Keys Replacement

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by mrsgeedee • Mar 5, 2013.

1. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I have an Acer Aspire 4738zg laptop. And a couple of weeks ago, when we're at my in-laws' house and preparing to go home, my husband accidentally removed (without both of us knowing) the left arrow key of my laptop when he placed his laptop backpack beside it, the bag clips probably pulled it out. Anyway, I noticed it when we got home. The key was still at my in-laws' so I was able to get it when we returned. But the key's clip (the one that connects to the keyboard) was broken. My hubby searched online if we can buy a replacement for such keys and he found this website,

, who sells individual keys for laptop keyboards. We bought one right away but then I found out today that we ordered the wrong type! Oh well! But anyway, it's worth checking out if in case you have missing key(s). I have tried searching at eBay but I found nothing for the specific laptop I have.

2. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip! My 14 year old niece accidentally popped off the space bar on my laptop. No big deal because it popped back on, but, it's been popping off by itself now and I noticed the little metal clasp looking part that holds it on was broke. I have no idea how, but I managed to pop it back on anyway and get it to stay. I don't know how long that will hold though so I'll need a replacement! My friend's laptop is also missing several keys and she has been dealing with it...which does not always work...I'm passing this along to her too!

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Holy cow this is helpful. I often get this problem because I'm very clumsy and probably a little unfortunate as well and I break my laptop keys all the time by dropping something on the kets or dropping the laptop itself. I usually think about just replacing the laptop and I often do when this happens except for when a laptop is still brand new which rarely happens. Anyway, thank you!