Laptops With Lifetime Free Data Specials

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Sep 3, 2015.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you haven't noticed that some laptops feature free 4G data for the life of the device, then you're missing out. Plenty of laptops come 4G-enabled today, and a lot of them have 200MB of free data from T-Mobile each month. 200MB isn't a ton of data, but it's plenty if you're not doing anything video-based online. It's especially nice to have in a pinch when there's no WiFi connection available.

A lot of these devices are Chromebooks, but there are a few Windows laptops that feature the offer, too.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That would be super however I am out in the country and T mobile doesn't work out here. T mobile offers some really good deals for consumers and I really wish they were closer. I think they have some of the better deals out there honestly.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think the 200mb would be of much use at all. Even without video, many web sites these days use up a lot more bandwidth than they did, say 10 years ago or longer. Back when people were on dial-up, there was far more of an effort to keep the entire page load time to a minimum, well under 1mb per page. These days it's not uncommon for web pages to be way over 1mb of total data. That in mind, 200mb would not get you very far, if you spend most of your day browsing web sites.

I have a 1GB per month plan with T-Mobile with my smartphone, and on the few occasions that my landline internet goes down and I have to use it for data instead for a couple days, I quickly get close to my 1GB monthly cap.

In fact, if you are running various services in the background on your computer such as OneDrive, which is auto backing up files from your computer to the cloud, that can easily eat up 200mb, as can Windows Update itself, which also runs in the background.

4. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    200MB is good only for browsing and quick checks on your accounts but not much else. It's great though, knowing that you have that small area of opportunity to connect to the internet wherever, although I have to say, 200MB per month is really small and I'm sure there's going to be limitations to this "free" data every month.