Large Print Books?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by SLTE • Nov 6, 2015.

1. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    My grandmother is getting old, and her eyesight isn't so good anymore, but she still loves to read. Nevertheless, I can't seem to find any stores that sell large print books, or at least not in the volumes that they used to. Does anyone have any online recommendations for sites where I can order large print books? (I'd ask for brick-and-mortar places, but everybody on this board seems to live in different countries, so...)

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most people read Ebooks these so I suppose it will get harder to find Large Print books and a lot of other books in brick and mortar stores.

That said, you could get such books online and probably at better prices than you would in a bookstore. You can find large print books on sites linked to below:

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    YES! I've been borrowing and e-borrowing books from my local library lately, and I have noticed that they often have the large print editions in stock. I don't need them, but I've been thinking they would really come in handy for my mom. I'm going to mention it to her the next time we speak, because I know my sister is at the library often, and could pick them up for my mom. Neither of them is very tech handy, so they would be borrowing printed books, rather than e-books, but I'm sure there's a way to borrow large print e-versions, or maybe the actual e-readers have the option of making the print larger.