Laser Vs Ink Printers

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by eagle22 • Apr 5, 2014.

1. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I know the laser printer costs more money right off the bat, but if I do a lot of printing will it save me money in the long run? Ink is just so expensive and it gets annoying having to constantly go to the store to buy new ink!

2. blackbagel

blackbagelMember

Threads:
    I think it will save more because the ink is not cheap. Laser printers can print more pages out with cheaper toners but the only downside is that there is no color. If color printing does not bother you, laser printers will save more in the long run. They are not very expensive too compared to the toners that you buy.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    It just depends on the bulk of the printing that you are doing. I think if you are doing it for business then you should just use laser as it is faster and will get the job done in a few minutes rather than using ink printer which is much slower.

4. yossup

yossupMember

Threads:
    Trust me on this: long term, you'll save much more money using a laser printer. Laser printing is much more efficient so if you're going to be printing a ton, you'll save money long-term by going the laser route. Plus, you'll be printing stuff faster so there's really no loss here. The only reason to get an ink printer is if you only need to use your printer a couple times a month or year.