Latisse Alternative

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by couponaholic • Jun 27, 2012.

1. couponaholic

couponaholicBanned

Threads:
    Are there any alternatives that work just as good as Latisse to grow longer and fuller eyelashes? With Latisse you need to have it prescribed by a doctor and it is pretty expensive. I have heard of many eyelash growth products, but I do not know which ones are the best and least expensive. I tried Ardell growth serum and that did not do much, but hey for a couple bucks what was I expecting, right?

2. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Funny, because I just posted a thread on this very topic here:

I use a product called Careprost. You can get it at inhousepharmacy.biz for $30 and one bottle should last you for about 3-5 months. I'm still on my first bottle after almost 5 months. Please check out my before and after pictures I posted on the thread I started for Careprost. I was very impressed with the results.

#2Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Have you tried L'Oreal's eye last extender serum? It's for the same thing....increasing eyelash growth....and you apply it directly on the lid. I don't remember exactly what it costs now, but most stores seem to carry it. I got some to review a year or two ago but I didn't stick with using it. Instead, I fell in love with the mascara booster/combo that made my lashes feel longer/lusher anyway.

4. sandees

sandeesMember

Threads:
    My friend's an optometrist, if you don't need to take Latisse - don't!! She tried it so she can better educate her patients but tells me it isn't worth the trouble. I believe Latisse was originally a treatment for Glucouma. Side effects include possible permanent change of eye color and increase blood pressure. Not worth it. She told me if you have hazel, green, or blue eyes - Latisse could change your eye color to brown.

There is a lash growth serum I use called Talika. You can pick it up at most Sephora stores. I also used Tarte multiplEYE and found it worked great!

Good luck. There are other products out there that can help you achieve fuller, longer lashes!

5. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Just wondering, did you test this product through BzzAgent? I didn't get into that campaign, but I know of a few people who did. They, too, loved the mascara but stated that the serum basically just made their lashes softer, not longer. Just thought I'd pass that on.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I did actually! I just know I didn't use it consistently enough to really be able to test and review that part, so I don't even know about the "softer" bit. I really did love the mascara, though. <3

7. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the reply, Jessi. If you are interested in a 2-in-1 mascara that claims to make your lashes longer with just the mascara alone, I really love Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara. I'm not 100% sure about it making lashes longer really (I believe it is the Careprost that made mine longer), but it is an inexpensive mascara that doesn't clump and really gives your lashes extra length. I love it!

Just in case you decide to try something new.

8. couponaholic

couponaholicBanned

Threads:
    Careprost is something I'd definitely like to try. I have looked up other peoples results and wow. Some of the reviews over at makeupalley are very promising and inspiring. I hope to get my first tube soon and surely hope that it works!

9. plsargent

plsargentNew Member

Threads:
    I do know that Mary Kay just came out with an eye lash and eye brow growth serum. It will work on both eye lashes and eye brows. But it does not have all the side effects of the prescription ones out there. Plus they have a 100% money back guarantee as well, so if you don't feel happy with it you can send it back and get your money back.

This is the only one I have heard of besides prescription ones, so I'm off to check out the other ones now.

10. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, those pictures are amazing, aren't they? Mine are up on there, too. Don't get discouraged if you don't see results as quickly as some people on that site. Then again, you just may. For me, it took 6-7 weeks before I could really tell it was working and they were getting longer

Good luck to you!

11. Aida4

Aida4New Member

Threads:
    An affordable alternative is Unveil's UVB3 Lash Growth Serum.. Results guaranteed. Here is a before and after pic. image.