Learning Helpful Stuff On Youtube

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Nov 25, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I watched a number of youtube vids that show you how to dye fabrics. For people who buy the kind of clothes whose colors fade, learning how to dye them so they can look new could save you a bit of cash. Instead of keeping the faded black pants in a closet because they look old, dyeing them would make them look new and that would save you the cash you'd have spent replacing them.

Do any of you use youtube as a resource to get to new information on how you can save money on virtually anything?

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I've learned a lot of stuff from YouTube like how to trick your friends by modifying the roll of tissue paper in the toilet or how to easily peel off a banana peel, that a scorpion could easily defeat a spider, and other such stuff. Oh and of course, I've also learned some money making techniques on that site. I don't take everything that's uploaded there too seriously though. One of the most important things that I learned from YouTube is how to setup a WordPress site. I know that setting it up is self explanatory but ya know, I'm just dumb when it comes to these types of things. YouTube is a nice site to get loads of info for free. Anybody who's willing to learn should visit this site often.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a really useful hint. I "consult" youtube on a regular basis, looking at practical videos made by committed people. I often write to the posters, thanking them for taking the time to create something that is deeply beneficial to me and others. I have really learnt a lot of practical things from watching youtube videos, everything from how to make cucumber pickles to building a kiln.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only thing I have found useful is help with computer issues as a step by step screen guide is more helpful. I know some people do like to make these videos and I thought about doing some myself, but I am too much of a perfectionist. I think they can be a great resource for some people though and is cheaper than calling someone for help.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I watch how-to videos when I need help on something, and so far, I have learned how to change a doorknob and change the flex cable of a cellphone just by downloading and observing the videos repeatedly. When I had trouble opening "complicated" phone casings and using other things, Youtube is really a big help to tell me how to do it.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do this a lot on YouTube. Sometimes I don't even search on Google anymore and just go straight there for some information because it's much easier to follow a video that gives you visuals rather than text articles. I do this most when I'm trying to troubleshoot some errors on my computers because instructions can be seen and easily followed and I don't have to read lots of text. I've also used it to learn some basics of softwares like Photoshop.

7. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    Not specifically about saving money, though. But yes, I have learned a lot of things by watching Youtube videos. I'm learning how to play the bass guitar and this guy named Scott Devine posts very helpful tutorials in his channel, and I watch those videos a lot. Also, I'm a fan of beauty and lifestyle channels and I like the fact that I get to learn new things about makeup, skin care, etc.

8. asereht1970

asereht1970Member

Threads:
    I visit youtube a lot especially about ways to cook a dish and do-it-yourself stuff. We learned about basic Photoshop on youtube. Now we are searching youtube for t-shirt printing, image transfer, and many others that can be valuable to our business.

9. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Youtube has always been a great "free" resource. From the time I was learning to play guitar, to fixing basic computer issues, and to just plain everything stuff. It seems like you can find a little of everything on there. Another stake being pounded in the cable companies proverbial coffin...

10. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    YouTube is a great teaching platform for a lot of things. After all, it's easier to follow instructions when they're shown in video, specially in my career. Thanks to several YouTube tutorials I have learned a lot of illustration techniques that are very useful.

I haven't taken a look to other type of tutorials there are on the site, but I don't doubt they're as useful or more as the ones I check.

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are really so much that you can learn by watching a video on Youtube, and that's among the reason why I like it so much. But more than that everything is free on that site despite the presence of the adds. The adds are the only things that puts me aback from Youtube, but only at a very little level.

12. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do use YouTube for that and actually I'm on this site quite frequently watching many interesting videos. I have learned a lot myself from the videos I watched. The videos I enjoy watching are cooking, history, saving money, music, beauty, and so much more.

13. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    My mom always uses YouTube for looking for recipes. Shes loves to experiment when it comes to baking and cooking, and she loves having people show her rather than her reading things and figuring it out by herself.

Video presentations on YouTube are really helpful when looking up recipes on delicious food and desserts.

I honestly love learning things on YouTube.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Almost everything you can learn will save you money in one way or the other. I'm sure I've saved plenty from learning things myself, which I do whenever possible. Everything but the car.. I'll never attempt it lol. But yes, I've learned plenty from youtube.. it's a very valuable resource imo :)

15. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I watch YouTube videos all the time as a resource. I love to watch the deals that people find at CVS and other stores using coupons. I am not good at finding those deals on my own. I watch the videos and then I am able to go into CVS and get the same deals. I also like to watch YouTube videos to find new recipes are to learn how to make certain foods.

16. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I watch YouTube videos to learn new things all the time! Video tutorials are great, because you can pause and rewind when needed and you can actually SEE how it's done. You can pretty much find a video tutorial on how to do ANYTHING. :D

I actually started a channel doing video tutorials of my own! There's only three videos up and they're all jewelry making related, but my channel is

. ;)

17. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had to look up how to properly disassemble and clean a PS3 pad on Youtube, because I'm not sure I would have been able to do it without damaging something. :D And then I had to look up how to fix the buttons being pressed randomly there as well.

18. Mattenheimer

MattenheimerNew Member

Threads:
    This is a great idea. I have saved myself money in the past by using this trick, and watching videos on YouTube. Last summer my washing machine had broken, and I was going to call a repair man. Somebody recommended I look up some repair videos prior to calling him though and good thing I did. All that was wrong with it was a simple robber hose, that with the help of my brother I was able to fix in under an hour. I saved a good bit just by spending the time to fix the issue on my own. I highly recommend this tip!

19. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love youtube tutorials ! ! You can learn how to do or make virtually anything on youtube. Want to know how to sprout a mango seed ? Look on youtube. Need to learn a new way to curl your hair ? That is on there,too, along with just about everything else you can think of.
    I even saw one about spraypainting cardboard to look like tombstones and other creepy things to decorate your yard for halloween. I wasn't exactly looking for that one; but it showed up in a search for painting something else.
    I also read my news, and watch documentaries on youtube. I thnk it is my most favorite internet place !

20. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I adore YouTube videos:). I watch tutorials about DIY decorating, cooking, organizing ideas, all kinds of stuff. I like how you can pause the video, or even play it in slow motion. I like watching videos about making homemade planners, and household journals. I like videos on learning how to sew, knit, crochet, how to do your nails at home instead of going to a shop, how to create different hair styles, and on and on it goes. YouTube is a beautiful thing.