Learning On Youtube.

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by pafjlh • Feb 6, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe this is something some of you already know but I thought I would bring it up anyway. Did you know that YouTube a source for entertainment can also be a source for education. Turns out there are many tutroials out there on YouTube on a variety of subjects. These subjects can range from learning the ins and out of a website to learning various software programs. These type of programs can include, Quickbooks, Powerpoint, MS Word, and Excel.

But this is just skimming the surface of what can be taught on YouTube. If you want to know how to resolve an issue you are having with your computer running system, yes odds are there is a tutorial that can be found here. If you want to find out about legitimate work for home that doesn't cost anything to join, yes again you can find this out here. Want to fix something on your own, yes again go to YouTube.

But some advice though, not all the videos that are done there will be good educational resources. Some of these aren't well done, and sometimes it can take awhile to find that right video and the right instructor.

2. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I've been relying on YouTube for a language lesson. I am learning the language where I am now. I did try to enroll in a school for free, but it turned out that the instructors do not speak English. Here I am trying to learn their languague and they are teaching me using the language that I am trying to learn. It would be more convenient and easier to learn if they taught it in English as I understand English well.

So, I decided to quit and have a self-study in YouTube. It really helps a lot as they have a step by step process from basic to advanced lessons.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I agree, YouTube can really be a good way to learn new things because of its tutorial videos. Actually, it really helped me a lot. When I was still a student, I always went to YouTube to look for some videos I could use for my class presentations and reports. I owe YouTube a lot.

4. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I often use YouTube for education purposes. Some of the material on it is excellent. The great thing about it is that it's a great device for getting information to the masses. You don't need to be rich or go to the right school to access the right education.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I did a project for fun with a YouTube tutorial not too long ago. I think I've also done assignments for college on occasion with that website. I wouldn't say that it was good for legitimate work at home jobs though. I've tried looking there but all I've found are beer money sites. There are too many scams on there that it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

6. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have gone to YouTube many times for both educational reasons and personal stuff too! I don't know how many times I've been in the middle of a DIY project or even just had something break down at home and a YouTube video walked me through the repair process.

7. Ashlash

AshlashNew Member

Threads:
    I love using youtube for cooking recipes, I personally like to learn through visuals and it's so much easier to make sure you are following each step correctly. I also use youtube a lot for makeup and hair tutorials, it gives you the confidence to try it yourself by seeing exactly what you should be doing. I love it.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I almost always g straight to youtube whenever I want to learn something because I find it much more engaging to watch a video instead of reading instructions step by step. The only problem is that for more popular topics, there are often hundreds of videos around and you'd have to spend some time sifting through a lot of them just to get to which one appeals to you best but most of the time it is worth the effort.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    YouTube has helped me fix problems with my computer twice and I've learned how to cook certain foods.
    YouTube is one of the most useful sites on the internet.

10. Happy247

Happy247Member

Threads:
    I just love Youtube. Some days I can spend hours watching video after video. I agree that's its a very good place to go when I need to learn to do something or if I need information. I've always been a visual learner so this is perfect for me. I've gotten so many recipes from Youtube. I cant even remember the last time I've had to visit the library because for me, Youtube is the place to go. My kids use it for school projects and for their video games. It's just awesome! The first time my brother introduced me to Youtube I couldn't believe it. I was up for about 3 days straight, just watching the videos. Anything that I could think of, I typed in the search bar and found a video for it.