Led String Lighting

Discussion in Home & Garden started by kaibutsu • Jun 4, 2015.

1. kaibutsu

kaibutsuNew Member

Threads:
    I've been using a string of LED lights to keep my room and a few others in The House lit at night, since I'm used to a night shift from my old job (I work at home now).

I've heard it cuts down on the electric bills, but I can't really tell from how long I've been using them. Plus, I've got two roommates, so there's no telling what they do; they're a lot less conscious about it than me, which kind of sucks come time to pay bills.

Are there any other ways to get some less intense and electricity saving lighting? Mine finally borked out after about a year, so I'm looking for something to at least tide me over until I can get some more.

2. Cash In Hand

Cash In HandMember

Threads:
    Fluorescent lighting uses less electricity, although exactly how much less I do not know. I'm sure you can go online to an energy savings website and they can give you an accurate comparison chart of some sort.

Of course the type of light it puts out is "less warmer" than the type of light you get from your normal light bulbs, but once you go fluorescent for a few weeks and then start noticing a smaller bill, you forget about that difference.

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My neighbor is always sharing her energy saving tips with me and here is the one she gave me for lighting. y She uses the Christmas candelabras that is tiered. She strategically places them around her house.

You can find these candelabras at the dollar stores as well as the bulbs. If you go to thrift shops or the like you can pick them up for a few cents but just make sure they work and the wires are not tethered.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We use that led string lights for Christmas decorations only. That's what we hang on our iron grill fence. With led lights against the so called CFL, we still buy the CFL because it is cheaper even in the long run. Led bulbs are so expensive here that in spite of the warranty, consumers are turned off. It looks like the time of the LED lights has not yet arrived.

5. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    If you can pick up some battery operated LED lights there somewhere (these are especially easy to pick up around Christmas time but you might be able to get something in the Summer too), put them inside a jar or glass. It'll make the lights illuminate more, so you get a brighter light. I find battery operated are more useful for this as you can carry them around with you, or even use them outdoors without having to have any wires attached.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    You have to factor in the extra cost of the lights to begin with to know if you are really saving. I don't know how much string lights use, but I know we did the math and decided that we save money by buying cheap light bulbs because the added costbogbrhe fluorescent bulb is more than the amount saved by using less electricity. Also, I don't feel good when I'm exposed to all fluorescent lighting. They don't have enough red rays for me to able to relax.