Leggings And Jeggings: Are They Worth The Shift?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by leovew • Jun 14, 2015.

1. leovew

leovewNew Member

Threads:
    The rise of spandex and other stretchable materials in the Fashion World have given birth to new (and comfortable!) fashion styles which we know as leggings and jeggings. These fashion statements have evolved from the ever dependable cycling shorts and pants which we use at a gym when working out or out at a usual trail when jogging, running or biking. Many people have substituted their jeans and their slacks with these styles due to durability, comfort and cost.

I have heard of some people who wears a dress shirt over their leggings at the office and a coat over their jeggings to meet with high end clients. Is this an appropriate way to wear these styles? I myself like to wear jeggings to work since I am on the bigger size and wearing slacks or jeans make me feel bigger, thus affecting my confidence. Should I be crucified for giving up the traditional formal attire with these comfortable styles? Are they worth the shift?

2. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I'm actually thankful that leggings and jeggings are quite in nowadays. They're so comfortable but really fashionable as well! I find black leggings really easy to pair with tops since it's so basic you can pair it with any top you please. And yes, I've seen people wear dress shirts with black leggings or sometimes a cute skirt over it. Throw in some boots and you've got a really adorable outfit! I don't wear leggings much but I really like it when I pair them with some boots.

Jeggings are a different story for me though. Jeggings are life savers for me! My legs are really not proportional so it's a tough feat just to find the perfect jeans that would be just right on my waist and cling nicely on my legs and thighs. I never (yes, never) bought or came across "the best pair" of jeans because of this problem but when I discovered jeggings, that changed. The jeggings I have look and feel like jeans but they're on the stretchy side so they fit my waist real nice as well as my thighs and legs! So yes, I do believe they are worth the shift. They're amazing fashion innovations!

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I wear black jeggings to work and they’re quite useful. Granted, our office is pretty casual, so much so that I’m actually one of the dressier-looking people there, which is something to keep in mind. But I tend to prefer jeggings to regular jeans because of the comfort factor. Worth the shift for me.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of jeggings at all. I like my classic black ones and I used to have some nice paisley ones to wear too. As for wearing them to work, it depends on where you work and what you do. In an office you should always be prepared for interviews and meeting clients. I used to work in an office and some days would be casual, but always smart enough to meet people. I would never wear jeggings to the office though.

5. jusjalynn

jusjalynnMember

Threads:
    I like leggings and jeggings, because to me they are extremely versatile, and can be worn for any occasion. I think that certain printed leggings, like the tribal kind do look pretty cheap and I don't wear those. I like solid black leggings and jeggings because my wardrobe has a range of colors and black goes with everything.

6. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    Since having my son jeggings have become my best friend. Jeans tend to go with everything clothes wise, unfortunately I've yet to find a really decent pair that fit skinny and properly over my bottom, taking into consideration my giant hips and that little pooch that some mums get around the tummy. Jeggings just cover it all, I can wear them under tunics or long shirts and voila!