Leggings Or Jeans?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by danielle davidson • Jun 10, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge fan of leggings instead jeans. The reason being that they are so easy to put on in the morning. Some people say that wearing sweatpants don't look good if you're a girl, so wearing leggings to me is just the same as sweatpants. When I wake up and don't feel like wearing something tight on my legs all day, I just wear leggings. What do you like better, leggings or jeans?

2. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I just don't have the legs to pull it off. They really are so comfortable that in the fall in winter I'll wear them around all day unless I go somewhere. Like I said, I just can't pull it off. You should count yourself lucky if what your comfortable in looks good enough to wear out in public

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Leggings, although I wear yoga pants instead. I find them more comfy, but jeans are good for certain activities but I only wear them every now. Leggings are also easier to wash and to keep, the only thing is a VPL so I do like to cover my bum. A high percentage of good quality cotton/lycra is needed as I had some cheap ones and they fell apart within days.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Jeggings! Best of both worlds. I do prefer the ones that are more substantial, though, closer to actual jeans rather than regular cotton leggings made to look like jeans. I’ve got one pair that passes for regular jeans and another pair that almost passes for super-skinny trousers.

5. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have some of those! I bought some from Abercrombie and I love them. I love the fact that they look so much like jeans, but they aren't. That's the best. I actually had someone come up to me and ask me how I got mine on. I had to tell them that they are jeans, but they are also basically leggings. When I buy jeans now, that's all that I will buy because I like them so much more.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like both very much, and everything in between like jeggings. I can't choose because I love them all and use them for different situations and depending on my mood :)

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like tight things on my leggs. Jeans during the summer are too hot so I guess I would go with the leggings but mostly I wear capri pants dring the summer or a skirt because it gets so hot here.

8. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    Yes yes yes to Jeggings! Ever since I discovered the really nice ones that actually look and feel like they're jeans but they're just a bit more stretchy and have a garter waist, I almost never went back to normal jeans. It's super comfortable and no one would even know they're jeggings because they look so much like jeans. They show my leg shape nicely as well so I have more reason to totally love it. Indeed the best of both worlds!

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am more of a jeans person. I have no qualms about wearing leggings or jeggings but I seriously don't like the skin tight feel. Also, I live in a tropical country so it's not exactly comfortable to wear leggings or jeggings when the weather's extremely hot. The sweat sticks to the rubbery fabric, making your skin feel itchy. It's a different story when I wear jeans, though. Cotton is more comfy to wear and handles sweat better.

10. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    Jeggings! LOL
    I'm a chubby gal, (okay, maybe more of a BBW, big gal) and often denim (especially denim with no stretch/spandex) will not fit me comfortably. I have a large tummy due to c-section, other surgery, and just my shape but smaller legs due to weight loss. Jeggings or well made leggings tend to suck some of the flab in and shape me better, stretching to fit my larger areas while staying snug in the smaller areas too. Due to that, my signature outfit is either jeggings or leggings and tunics or long tees.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like both jeans and leggings to be honest. They both have their uses. I tend to wear leggings more in the summer time though, because I am less likely to be all sweaty and uncomfortable, than I would be if I were to wear heavy denim jeans. The only thing that I find annoying about leggings, is that they don't have any pockets. I have yet to see a pair of leggings with pockets, and I think that designers should look into that.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pick jeans for sure. I actually really like leggings because they are way more comfortable to wear, but they're not that flattering if you're using them with a regular shirt. I will only use leggings when I have a short dress, or a long blouse the covers my butt. Otherwise it doesn't look very flattering at all. Jeans are usually flattering with any kind of shirt, so it's easier to use, even though not as comfortable.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Give me jeans any day! I like baggy jeans to wear everywhere. Jeans are cool when it's hot and warm when it's cooler. I like jeans better than leggings. Leggings are too tight for me. I like baggy clothes. Jeans has a stylish look that is comfy and durable. It washes well too. Jeans lasts a long time.

14. Lushlala

Threads:

I'm the same, I love them both for different reasons :) I also find jeans can be too constricted and HOT during the water months. I feel like my legs can't breathe LOL I have a very light pair of Superdry jeans that I love though. You wouldn't think they were denim, but apparently they are, and I absolutely love them. I wonder why manufacturers don't make many more like that??

15. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love leggings for around the house. I don't wear them out and about or to work as I'm quite skinny and my legs in legging look like chicken legs. I'll jeans to work but on weekends I love comfortable leggings feel. One thing I love about jeans is how soft the denim becomes the more they are worn and washed. Once you break in a pair of jeans it's the best. I've patched some jeans just so I can keep wearing them longer.

16. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I always love the way leggings look with certain sweaters or cute dresses and boots, but I have yet to try them myself. I am a jeans girl at heart and have a hard time breaking away from my comfort zone!

17. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, skinny jeans really do strike me as bad for the skin. They really don't allow the pores to breathe in my opinion. Loose fitting jeans may be kinder to your skin. I don't have any scientific proof for this, but my leg skin does chafe a lot when I wear skinny jeans, especially if I don't moisturize. I have never heard of Superdry jeans. Are they a kind of light material skinny jean?

18. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Leggings are great around the house, but I'm a jeans and tshirt kinda girl and couldn't live without my denim. Actually, I barely wear leggings even around the house.. at home I'm a mens jammy bottoms and tshirt kinda girl lol.. or boxers and tshirts or just a big tshirt haha. I could totally live without leggings. So jeans.. I love jeans. And tshirts lol...

19. Lushlala

Threads:
    Superdry make these gorgeous jackets, coats and windbreakers, as well as gorgeous clothes. They also make nice jeans, although they are made of the same, regular denim material that we all know. However, a couple of years ago I bought this pair that's more like thin cotton material than denim and it's just ideal for very hot weather conditions. The pair of jeans are by no means the norm, and they're more fitted than skinny. I wish they made more like them.

20. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I like leggings better because they are comfortable and easy to put on. I also think they look great on me. I also think they are easy to pair with longer shirts or high and low shirts. Don't get me wrong I like jeans as well, they have their benefits but I prefer to wear leggings.