Lego Lord of the Rings Video Game - A great gift for 8-12 year olds

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by PubD • Nov 27, 2012.

1. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    My son pre-ordered Lego Lord of the Rings for Wii from Amazon with his paper route money. He says it is one of the best Lego games he's ever played. Unlike the other Lego games, this one has actual speaking in it, directly from the dialog in the movies, which is very fun. The little cut scenes inbetween gameplay are hilarious, and it's fun to play as the different characters, or even make a new character that looks like you but with a hobbit body.

If you've got a boy in the 8-12 year age range to shop for, this is a good choice for a christmas gift.

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    OK this is the first time I heard about it. I must as well check this out. I know Christmas is coming and I have one kid, my nephew who would always wait for me to give him something. He also has a Wii so this is a good choice. Thanks!

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Thank your son for the recommendation! I have a 12 year old cousin that I still have to buy a Christmas gift for and I had no idea where to start. That is pretty amazing that he saved up to buy his own game. You really don't hear about children doing that anymore. Great parenting!

4. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks. I have toddler age kids, but they have older cousins, and I'm never quite sure what to get them. Star Wars is one of my all time favorites, so maybe we will all play on Christmas Day.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never been a fan of the Lego series. I played Lego star wars before and found it a little bit boring. This new game though seems quite interesting since it also has garnered some positive reviews from critics. Though the design of the game is geared towards kids, I think it has the potential to reach out to older generations as well.

6. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    The game is definitely geared at kids, but I have some friends who are huge LOTR fans and they picked up the game and have enjoyed playing it as well. Gameplay is not very challenging, though, so it might be a game adults are better off renting and playing through, rather than finishing it up and having it sit on a shelf from there on.