Let's Talk 'pillow' Talk...

Discussion in Home & Garden started by MrsJones • Feb 27, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I was watching a video yesterday about pillows. Did you ever wonder why there are so many types of pillows? Maybe you thought that it was time for a pillow change and went on the infamous hunt for the perfect pillow. Well...did you know that you should change your pillows every 2 years? Why?, I don't know I was stuck on the two years. :eek:

Did you know that pillows were made to fit the way you sleep in order to keep your neck and head aligned with you spine? Did you know that if you sleep on your back you should have a flat pillow? A side sleeper should have a not so fluffy pillow as well as someone who sleeps on their stomach?

What are your thoughts?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apparently there are two reasons why you should change your pillows regularly. The first is because of the dust mites that can build up. Secondly, the level of support they offer decreases quickly.

3. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't sleep with a pillow anymore. I find that sleeping on one hurts my neck when I wake up. I tried lying flat on the bed once and I slept like a baby. I didn't even get up at 3 am to take a leak. From then on, I've slept without a pillow. My wife likes it too; more pillows for her.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have a hard time buying pillows because I am very picky when it comes to the firmness of mine. I find many pillow to be way too soft as I am a side sleeper and need the extra fluffiness. I just purchased 2 pillows from Costco for $9.99 (yes a 2 pack of pillows for that cost!) and they are memory foam gel stuffed pillows. They have a weird filler in them that makes them conform to the shape of your head and neck when you lay down. It has been the best $10 investment I have made in a long time because these pillows just mold and shape around you and are firm enough that they provide you with a lot of support. deffinately worth every penny!

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes at night I will have drainage of my sinus and need to sleep on several very firms pillows at a time. I can not lay flat on the bed without having issues. The pillow is very important to me, I even take my pillow with me when I travel. I saw a new pillow that has shredded memory foam that I will check out to see how that one works for me.

6. bombshell

bombshellMember

Threads:
    I love pillows! I have tons of them with different levels of firmness. I like to sleep on big fairly firm ones, but I like to have decorative ones on the bed to pull the colors in my room together. Honestly I never thought about how often I need to replace them. I probably replace them more than once every two years anyway.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My pillows are all more than 2 years old, and I think they were last changed last 2004. They seem ok though, since the pillow cases are washed anyway. I never knew that they need to be replaced every 2 years! That would be an unnecessary expenditure in my opinion.

8. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    That's about how often I change pillows. I used to believe that I just wasn't spending enough but never got around to researching the best brands or features to look for. Flat pillows are no fun.