Life Hacks

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Rosyrain • Feb 21, 2016.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Life hacks are simple things you can do at home to save money and make your life easier. I recently learned you can lay a rubber band on a stripped screw before using a screw driver to unscrew it and the screen will come right out. Also, you can use Alka seltzer tabs in your toilet bowl to clean it instead of buying toilet bowl cleaner. What are your favorite life hacks?

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I wonder if buying Alka Seltzer is cheaper than buying toilet bowl cleaner? I have never purchased it before but it would be great if it was. I have used homemade laundry detergent instead of buying it to save money and it seems to work just as well on my clothes. I have been using vinegar and baking soda to clean my drains and that is much cheaper than buying drain cleaners that do not always solve your problem for the price you pay for them. I use vinegar for a lot of cleaning around the house as well as using baking soda. Baking soda makes a great facial scrub and leaves your face very clean feeling and it does good at getting the dead skin off your face. You can use it in your hair to absorb excess oil and it will leave your hair with more body. There are so many amazing things you can do with simple ingredients that cost so much less than buying the products you find in the store.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to sprinkle baking soda on the carpets as I vaccum to give the house a fresher aroma. This is cheaper than purchasing the scented stuff you get from the store. I also use baking soda and vinegar to clean pots and pans and the refrigerator, the no harmful chemicals is more important to me than the money I save.

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I clean my wedding and engagement rings with denture tabs. The effervescent action of the tablet really breaks apart all dirt and dust that gathers in the setting and leaves the diamonds sparkling clean.

5. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I use tea leaves as toothpaste. They leave a very clean and fresh taste. They are also gently abrasive and clean the teeth thoroughly. I think the caffeine contained in tea leaves acts as a sort of a bacteriocide. Gums become healthier and mouth odours no longer remain. I used to use toothpaste but I have never felt such a fresh feeling that lasts the whole day even if you have other meals. Tea leaves are very cheap and they have helped me save alot since I don't buy toothpaste or visit the dentist.