Lightening Reaction

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kana_marie • Apr 14, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone else played this game? Basically 2-4 people grab one of the handles. It plays a little diddie, and when the music stops the last one holding a handle gets an electric shock. This game definitely appeals to a certain demographic (considering my friend bought it and everybody played it). But I guess I'm really surprised they were allowed to mass produce and sell it.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would imagine the shocks were weak enough to not cause too much harm - but then again that would be part of the fun of the game, the danger of it all. I've seen similar games at bars, but they were single player and you simply tried to see how long you could endure the zaps.

This kind of reminded me of one of my trips to Vegas, where my friend and I went bonkers in the prank shops playing with all the "shocking" items, from shocking lighters to shocking computer mouses, and more.

In fact, believe it or not, I ended up digging up the shocking lighter I had bought 10 years later when I was rummaging around for a real lighter at my place, and shocked myself!

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've played something similar and absolutely hated it. Never again! I can't believe people buy these things for fun. I'm surprised they are allowed to be sold too - I would have thought it cause problems with the heart or for those with pacemakers. Who knows, maybe the box has a disclaimer or something.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of it, but of course, now I'll have to click the link. I used to carry a stun gun at work, and my boss kept wanting me to stun him with it, even after he'd been stunned, and knew how powerful it was. I think he was a masochist. :p

5. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I have played this game once while out with friends, one of whom brought the game with her. Under the influence of alcohol it seemed fun and we screamed a lot when getting a shock which added to the amusement.
    I think being used like that is the best way to use it. Probably if it had been under other circumstances I might not have been amused.