Limited Time Deals?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Nov 4, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You've probably stumbled into such deals which are intended to convince shoppers to buy something they might not need because they are terrified of losing out on great deals. If you see something like "40% off" and you've got less than two days before the deal expires . . .

While I must "limited time" deals can save you money unless you need what's being sold at that precise moment then it's best to keep your money in your wallet and wait.

Odds are you'll find similar deals elsewhere at some other time.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the company that offers it, because some do these deals all the time. I hate being pressured into making a purchase but sometimes the discounts are worth it if there is a good return policy.

I always find Groupon voucher codes are good for 48 hours where you get a discount on deals, but recently they have added small print to these, like local deals, or household goods. The small print says not all deals included but I tried to buy some pillows with the code and was even on the advertised page with the link, but no discount was deducted. Sometimes these offers aren't always specific and also may not allow for other offers like free shipping.

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Although they give the illusion of being a good deal - they are in reality - nothing more than a money making tool used by retailers to entice people into spending more money - which as the lure of missing out on the savings of limited time deals - is for some too irresistible to pass on - generally ensures a quick sale.

So yes I would agree - unless you actually wanted or had intended to buy the item or items in the first place - limited time deals are generally best left well alone.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, the so-called limited deals aren't really special because those sales have a certain season too, like every holiday you will see a huge sale, so you should not fall to an obvious marketing hype.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    You're right because it's unlikely that a store will sell a product at a loss just to get one over their competition, so chances are they have already calculated what they are doing and are just offering prices that even their competitors can offer. I only do this if I think the item is hard to find and it will be unlikely I'll come across it again, so my decisions in limited time deals usually depends more on the availability of the item rather than the discount itself.