Lip Balm

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Sep 7, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    My lips are prone to drying out. If I forget to apply lip balm, they would chap and hurt really bad. I am currently using Baby Lips by Maybelline. It would run out soon, so I am looking for something new to try. Any recommendations? What lip balm are you currently using?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My lips are also pretty chapped. I really love the EOS lipbalms. They smell delicious, are so cool and comfy to apply. I also like chapsticks, they are ok for everyday. Nivea also has geat lipbalms! A kiss of honey, I think that's the name of it, is my favorite one by Nivea.

3. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I've also always used Baby Lips, but during the winter when my lips get pretty dry, I'll use EOS, they always smell so nice and don't make your lips feel weird or anything and it seems to last for quite awhile, so maybe you should try that out.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only use ChapStick during the summer season, and they're ok enough for me already. I use the mint and strawberry flavor. If you are on a budget, you can also try Petroleum Jelly, it can also serve as a lip balm. Check it out here:

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite is Carmex in a tube rather than a stick. It feels thick at first, but it stays on and heals. It also doubles up as a lip gloss over lipstick.
    There are several flavors now, but the original one can smell quite medicinal, but you get used to it.
    You only need a small amount as it is very concentrated and can last a very long time. Just keep the applicator clean as it can get a little messy.

6. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    My lips get chapped all the time too. My lips also gey chapped a lot during the winter season. I guess I tend to lick my lips more often when it is really cold. I also use EOS lip balm. I like how it doesn't feel caky on my lips. My only problem with it is that I have to keep reapplying it to my lips. I use vaseline and that seems to keep my lips from being chapped. It lasts longer than lip balm.

7. bellagreen007

bellagreen007New Member

Threads:
    I recommend you to use EOS lip balm it is very light for the skin and it can moisturize your skin well. I really love my EOS lip balm and I have it in tangerine, lemon drops with SPF and mint. I really love the packaging of this lip balm and it is very handy. This lip balm will leave your lip hydrated and smooth.

8. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I don't personally use lip balm but my daughter is addicted to it... I swear! She goes through it so quickly it's unbelievable. I feel like I buy her one or two and she is needing it again. I have purchased her just about every kind on the market but her favorite is Carmex! Not the Carmex in the little round container but the one that looks just like normal lip balm. It's the only one she wants to use now. I'm fine with that... I can find it at the Dollar Tree which makes it's super cheap. With the amount she goes through, that's a great thing!
    Hope this helps,
    Danyel :)

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Blistex Silk and Shine. I don't know if it is the best and it is a bit expensive but it feels the best on my lips thus far.

10. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I either use Blix or Carmex when my lips are dry and cracked. They are a little expensive but they work great. Usually I put lipstick on with Carmex or Blix to give my lips a little color instead of letting them look greasy.

11. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I like all sorts of balms. Some of them are rather fancy and slightly more expensive but at the end of the day I think Aquaphor is the best moisturizer out there. I can buy a tube for less than $10 and it will last me a month. The product is thick and soothing but not too sticky and my chapped lips always go away within 24 hours when I use Aquaphor. To save money I would recommend the store brand.