List your old stuff and get new stuff for free

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Mar 20, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ever wanted to get rid of something in your house that you no longer use? You can do that by means of an app and get credits in return. The app is called Listia. It's available for free download at the Google Play Store (and I think also the Apple App Store). When you list something, it would be open for bidding. People would bid using the credits of the app. The item you listed would go to the highest bidder and the credits would go to you. Those credits could then be used to bid for other things listed on the app. I see people listing Pens, jewelry, beautiful stones, decor, posters, and many more. It's a cool app that you should try.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds great but what if the offer of the highest bidder would inconvenience in your in terms of shipping? Do you negotiate for a shipping fee? And, much as it sounds good, there's the trust issue. What if you use credits you've earned to buy something and that person fails to send it to you? Are there rules and warranties that ensure you get stuff you've bought?

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah, nice questions. Most of them I do not know the answer to hehe. But most of the items I see there are for local pickup only but there are also some who allow people from various countries to bid but the shipping cost is not free. I haven't won a bid yet so I'm not so sure about the procedures. But if you look at the app, a lot of people are really trading stuff here and there.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a sort of buyer protection like eBay. If you don't get your item then you open a case and get your Listia credits refunded. You don't have to offer free shipping on items that you list, you can charge a shipping fee.

5. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I spent a few days on Listia a couple months ago and was not impressed at all. The "buyers" on there are completely ruthless and rude. If I dared to put a charge for shipping, they came after me. I was constantly getting requests to make "deals" and just treated very rudely. It didn't take me very long to amass a high collection of points due to the extra activities they offer. However, I was never able to win anything I bid on. I had a flash of myself, months from then, with a lot of wasted time and points because I was never able to win an auction. I gave up after a few days and deleted my account.

If this type of site is your thing, that's great, but it definitely wasn't mine and I highly suggest proceeding with caution. Personally, I will stick to selling items locally on Craigslist.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually traded away enough stuff on Listia to get my daughter a working PSP with a couple of games included.
    But it took months to accumulate enough points to bid on a PSP. There are some obnoxious people on Listia that will try to offer you 1500 points for a video game, thinking that you won't notice that 1500 points is only worth like $2.
    If you just want to get rid of some clutter and pick up a few used items that you need, Listia is a fun site.
    But nobody's getting rich from it and sometimes you get screwed on shipping, so proceed with caution.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is there a web version of Listia? I mean, between an app and a working website, I'd prefer to do my transactions through a website using a PC. Apps tend to add a lot of unnecessary space to your smartphone. Not to mention they have the tendency to keep running even after you've closed them in addition to eating up your memory. In some sense, Listia is no different from Craigslist then. They basically have the same purpose - a place to buy and sell stuff.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, Listia has a full desktop site, like eBay. I only use the website and have never used the app at all.
    I disagree with your comment that Listia is like Craigslist. Craigslist doesn't give you credits for doing surveys and watching videos. Listia gives you multiple ways to earn credits to spend on the site, even if you don't list items.

9. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Hi! I have been using Listia for years and I love it! It is such a great way to earn points and redeem them for free stuff. It's awesome!

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sounds interesting. I have heard of Listia before, but I never paid much attention to it. I guess it's worth to give it a try so that I can dispose of old books and clothes. I have a bunch of unused clothes that don't fit me since they were just given from abroad.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just make sure the stuff is in good condition. Listia customers can report sellers that trade them items that are in bad condition and then the seller has to refund their credits. Listia feedback is just like eBay feedback, so you don't want unhappy trading partners.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up. The clothes still have tags on them, but I know what you mean, lol. I think if you want fast cash, olx is the better way to sell your stuff.