Lithium batteries

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Gelsemium • Jun 9, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Anyone that has a digital camera that still runs on batteries (AAA) knows that they consume really fast. I discovered that the lithium batteries last ten times more than the regular alkaline ones, but at the same time two batteries cost almost 10€ (7,99€ this weekend to be honest). How is it possible for this to cost so much? Are they made of gold?

[​IMG]

2. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    In a way they are made of "gold". Gold only has value because people decided it does. Gold is not easy to find and like Lithium, there is a limited supply. Lithium is found over seas in war zones. Tesla Motors is using Lithium to run their electric cars. As popular as Lithium is, it's not so easy to come across. The price is fair. Lithium batteries last a lot longer. In fact, they could make a battery last a decade if they wanted to. You are paying for quality.

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, no question that these batteries are really good, they last a lot, but come on, two batteries nearly 10€? That is super-expensive! What you say does make sense, if it's rare metal they can put the price they want to it or else everyone would be buying it. Either cases, my next photo machine will not run on these batteries, but on a chargeable one, this is way more expense than I desire.

4. ezio

ezioBanned

Threads:
    Yes, those are really good batteries. my friends mobile has this one and his phones battery backup is pretty good.

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, what do you mean by pretty good ezio? When I bought regular alkaline batteries for my camera it lasted sometimes one day that I took a lot of pictures. Sure, I was taking a lot of picture, but just one day? That doesn't seem reasonable at all. With the lithium ones it lasts minimum a couple of months, so it's a colossal difference and those batteries are well worth their price.