Little Caesars Hot-N-Ready

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by TNSabrina • Sep 5, 2012.

1. TNSabrina

TNSabrinaMember

Threads:
    I am a fan of the cheap five dollar pizza, not because of their great taste and quality, but because of the convenience. Generally, I can run in and out with two pizzas really fast when I’m in a hurry. The last couple times that I have visited Little Caesars on a Friday or Saturday, the pizzas are never ready, and I have actually had to wait a good 30 minutes.

I am starting to wonder if this is going to start being the new norm, because I’d rather call in to Pizza Hut. Dominoes had the 30 minutes to deliver offer or you get it free years ago (yes, I’m getting old) and they couldn’t keep doing it, so I’m wondering if Little Caesars is headed down the same path.

What has your experience been like with Hot-N-Ready pizzas?

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Don't they have a policy if it isn't hot and ready they'll compensate you? While I've never bought a hot and ready pizza from Little Caesars, I'm sure I remember that being a part of the promo. I could be wrong and it could have been a limited time thing. Can't be the price, though. Is it worth the wait?

I guess I'm also lucky enough to still live in a town where the 30-minutes or it's free deal is still a thing. Although, it's not 30 minutes, but 45 at peak times. Still, I live in a big city with bad traffic, so 45 minutes is a deal. They always arrive at 42-43 minutes! :) I'm happy to get my pizza, but I'm also sad that they made it on time. Oh well.

3. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    We have had a couple of similar experiences where they were out of the ready to go pizzas. It's usually during peak times though when everybody and their brother is out getting pizzas. I cut them a bit of slack for that but in the end we just end up ordering a pizza instead.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    The reason Domino's stopped the free 30 minute thing is because it became dangerous. Drivers were being risky trying to make the deadline so they didn't cut into profits or get into trouble, and accidents were happening. I don't think that's going to happen with Lil Cesar's, too, because there's no risk involved. If you're having to wait that long, though, feel free to complain and see if they'll compensate you.

5. hobbies360

hobbies360New Member

Threads:
    I have taken advantage of the Hot and Ready pizzas once or twice. At first I was hesitant and leery. I was not afraid that the pizza would be cold and not ready,but more embarrassed as I found it low class to grab a pizza that was already pre made rather than ordered fresh. To my surprise the Little Caesar quality and taste in my area was better than a Pizza Hut made to order pizza. The only thing I don't like is that they charge for the parmesan packages. You should get at least one free. It is a great concept for moms on the go or college students who need a quick bite during a study break.

6. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I have had the hotnnow deal a couple of times. Never any waiting, in and out with no problems. The pizza is ok. I before the taste of other pizza shops in the area. But for 5 dollars, it's not bad.

7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

I thought they stopped it because drivers weren't making it in 30 minutes and Domino's was losing money lol. Anyways, Little Ceasar's is good pizza. They now have officially replaced Domino's in my mind when it comes to my second choice for buying pizza. I always buy from Giovanni's, a very prominent and well-known Italian chain here in NYC. But when I don't have the money, I now choose LC over Domino's. Although Domino's has gotten much better with their new crust. That crappy crust they had up until 2008 was just barely edible.

I think Little Ceasar's 3-meat treat is just fantastic though. That's some good pizza right there. With Bacon, Pepperoni, and Sausage. As far as service is concerned, the one where I live seems to have the Hot N Ready Pepperoni's and Sausages ready to go. But they hardly ever have any 3-meat's cooked and ready to go. Same with the Italian cheesy bread, and Ceasar Wings. But what bothers me most of all is, they never have any bags! I have to carry two hot boxes of pizza home in my hands! Luckily, the 35 bus runs right across the street from LC, so I just take it to the bus stop near my house. And I only have to walk 1 and a half blocks home with the boxes. But man, how can you not have any bags? They give you bags for the sodas and wings and bread though. But no bags big enough for the pizza's!

I've seen some people even resort to bringing their own bags from home to carry the pizzas in. I don't get it though. And it seems as if my LC aren't exactly in any rush or hurry to rectify this lack-of-bags issue. Quite annoying.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    That may have been what initially sparked the issues, sure. That sort of pressure was passed down to the drivers, though, who would get penalized for not making it in time. It was their paychecks on the line at that point, so they would get risky with driving in order to cut corners and make it on time (or attempt to). When that starts making it dangerous to be on the road with delivery drivers, then that's a big problem.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind their pizzas either when I'm low on funds and craving pizza. The 3 Meat Treat is pretty good. You get 3 meats for $8. I don't buy frozen pizzas anymore because it doesn't make sense to buy a frozen pizza for $5 when Little Caesar's sells hot ones for the same price.

10. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I usually order from Domino's pizza because it's the only pizza place around my area. They just got done building a new Little Cesear's though not too far away from the Domino's I order from, but I have yet to try them out to see how their service is. You can't beat $5 carry out. As for Domino's I choose to order at home and have the pizza delivered because the past couple times I went to pickup, I was waiting over 30-1 hr!! What's the point ? I may as well be home and comfortable if I have to wait that long.

11. kalasin

kalasinMember

Threads:
    I am kind of a pizza snob and honestly, I'd rather pay more for a pizza I like. Little Ceaser's isn't bad, per say, but it's nothing special.

12. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    My local Little Caesars always run of of hot n ready pizzas. I understand the convenience and the cost of Little Caesars pizza, but I prefer Domino's and Papa John's pizza. I love the taste of triple cheese Domino's pizza.

13. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I think LC is one of the better commercial-style pizzas and the $5 is a wonderful added bonus. I went there and got a large and some breadsticks and had 2 dinners and a lunch for like $8. It is a friggin steal! My wife gets creeped out because it is so cheap but I made her try it and she is hooked. She just loves that we pop in and pop out with a fresh pizza instead of waiting for delivery or for the oven.

14. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    I love Little Caesars myself, always have! It is great tasting pizza for that amazingly low price! You can get two of theirs for every one of some other pizza chain. Great stuff!

15. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    The little Caesars Hot-N-Ready is just not true! My brother tried to get a pizza that was supposedly hot and ready, but he was told it would be 30 minutes. When he complained about the sign out front and false advertising they came up with some excuse that it can't technically be hot and ready or it would be cold by the time it was ordered. It was dumb! I used to love their pizza, but we haven't been back since!

16. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I like Hot and Ready. I think it's a good price and the pizza isn't bad. Our local Pizza Hut has a guy who stands outside and sells pizza out of a warmer bag for $5.50. He only takes cash, that's my only trouble. The price is $7.50 if you pay with plastic. It's still not a bad deal for a quick dinner.

17. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Pizza Hut here in NYC is really expensive. I hardly ever go there. Their pizza is no better than Little Ceasar's. I only get personal pan pizza's from there from time to time. When I'm in the area and doing a lot of shopping.

What my local LC does is they have a pizza box where they cook the pziza's, and store them inside of this heated box which keeps them warm and hot and ready. Not sure how yours does it. I think it all depends on how well and motivated the cooks are. And also how many cooks they have back there. Four is good. But two? Not good. Especially when business picks up.

Yeah and I'll bet they got pulled over a lot by the cops too for running lights and eviscerating the speed limit. And so not only did the free pizza come out of their paychecks, but the cost of a traffic ticket as well.

18. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    A long time ago I tried Little Ceasar's pizza, it was not what I would call good at all. I don't think I ever purchased one from there again.

19. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I love this deal and I have never had an issue with it being cold. My favorite is the $8 meat treat and really it's a good deal for what is offered.

20. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We love Little Caesar's pizza, and that is where we usually go to get a pizza when we are not making one ourselves at home. The hot-and-ready is usually after 4pm and until 8pm here, and maybe longer hours on weekends. They usually have the pepperoni or the sausage ones; but not the supreme one with all of the veggies and meats on it.
    What I do is either order online, or call before I go, or I go shop at the Dollar Store while they are cooking my pizza.
    Domino's used to have a special that we loved, called "Too-fer Tuesdays" where you bought one pizza and got the second one free. We did that a lot when they had it because then we had an extra pizza for a second meal that way. They have stopped doing this, and most of the time it just costs too much to order delivery from there now, especially after you pay the driver a tip, one pizza is over $20. So we enjoy Little Caesars. I do have to go and get it, but it is close by, so not a bad thing at all.