Long or short showers?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by prettycolors • May 30, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Summer is here so I guess most of us shower daily. But for how long? Are you the kind of person than sits in the shower for half an hour thinking about life? Personally, I tend to take quick showers - water may be inexpensive but waste too much and it adds up resulting in bigger bills.

What about you?

2. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I'm one of those that sit in the shower and think about like, okay, maybe its more like I'm singing in the shower. I love the privacy that I get (I live in a house of 4 with very little privacy unless I'm doing something personal). So I tend to take long showers just to get away from reality for a bit. I love it especially during the summer because I take a cold shower and my skin feels very refreshed. ^.^'

3. cabenb

cabenbMember

Threads:
    I really think a short shower should do. I'm telling this to my kids all the time . But to be honest I tend to have long showers myself. To wake up and to think, LOL! I get my best ideas and brightest moments when dreaming under hot water. But............when I think about the environment issues it would be better to shower short...... Real dilemma, pffffff

4. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I shower for about 30 minutes on a daily basis. Anything longer than that is a bit too much, I think. However, during weekends, I stay in the bathroom longer because that's when I pamper myself a bit such as dipping into a scented bath or applying therapeutic oils or doing a steam bath. I have to do that at least once a week to relax and feel better.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Generally, because of the busy life, I tend to go on short showers. Time is too precious for it to be wasted just on the shower. Besides, I take shower more than once a day. But if it's really hot like during summer, then I really have to do for long and many times more. I also take longer showers when I feel like pampering myself after I got tired and when I am feeling too dirty and stressed even when it's cold season.

6. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    30 minutes is a lot of time to spend in a shower.The most I can take is about 10 minutes. It is a simple process of just washing up why would I take up much time. But for some people it is common to stay that long. Personally I take short showers because of the schedule I have to handle.

7. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    It depends really. When I'm planning on doing something then I take a quick shower, about 5 - 10 minutes. But when I'm trying to relax or if I'm tired from work I tend to lay in my tub for about an hour or so and just relax. But for the most part I take it quick, since I have to pay my water so I might as well just stop wasting too much.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm a short shower kind of person.

It's actually not about money for me either. I just don't have the TIME for long showers and don't really have much interest in standing in the water and doing nothing either, ha.

9. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    In the city I always try to minimize the time when I'm taking a shower. Even though we are not paying for the water usage but we have a heater installed so it's still putting a lot of additional on our bill.

But back in our village, we are using a gravity water and we also live next to a river where water runs forever. So I always love having a swim in the river or a shower for as long as I like.

10. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I learned to take short showers as a result of the things my family and friends did. We would all go skiing or hiking and all arrive home at the same time. We all wanted to hop into the shower immediately and could not all do so. It wasn't a financial issue but our hot water tank has only so much capacity and that fact coupled with a lineup for the showers meant short showers for everyone. That habit is instilled in me. I now live in a place where I don't pay for the hot water and there is a large supply of it. I still take the short shower rather than longer ones. The rear exception is if I have returned soaking wet and cold from cycling. Then it is nice to take a little longer thawing out.

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know what you mean. Technically I probably do have the time for long showers but I keep busy. I'm not the type of person to be comfortable just doing nothing. I had to go to a wedding reception last year I think and I got so bored even though I had my Ipod. There was nothing to do except talk to people and I didn't even know most of them anyway.
    I've gotten better though. I used to be afraid of taking a shower because that's where most of my panic attacks would happen. Nowadays I just tolerate them but it's like a time warp in there. I look at the clock and I can't believe it took 5-10 minutes just to wash myself.

12. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I'm really bad about this, but long showers are what I take the most. My long showers are sort of infamous in my house. I used to take hour long showers, much to everyone's exasperation, but seeing as the shower was pretty much the only place you could be truly by yourself and get some quiet time in an otherwise crowded and busy household, long showers were sort of my sanctuary. I don't take uber long showers any more though, partially because I live be myself now, and because instead of my hair ending at my hips, it ends at my shoulders. Which saves not only time, but shampoo and conditioner! ;) I also don't have as much time as I used to when I was younger, so my super long showers aren't really an option anymore.

13. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I love long showers because they can be relaxing after a stressful day or hard workout, but take short. It's not just the water bill, but long showers (especially hot ones) aren't good for your skin and I am more of a get in/get out type of person. I can't really just stand in the shower hanging out, I use a hair mask, shave my legs, a face scrub when I'm in the shower. No wasting time for me!

14. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I take long showers, even though my wife always disagrees and says that I take way too long.
    I've gotten it down to a science to be honest, I do the same movements each time and get in and out of the shower in 10 minutes flat, no more, no less.

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess my showers are right in the middle from long to short. I don't take 30 minutes to shower, but I do take longer than 10 minutes - probably 15 to 20 if I'm washing my hair that day, and not more than 10 minutes if I'm not washing my hair.

16. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    They are usually pretty long, right around 20 minutes at the least, especially during the winter. I know that it is way too long for my own good, but I love just cranking up the hot water at 6 in the morning and just being able to relax. In the summer, though, I take shorter showers and use cooler water.