Looking for a better mascara

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by jaimie_lorraine • Sep 17, 2012.

1. jaimie_lorraine

jaimie_lorraineMember

Threads:
    I love mascara and how it really lengthens my lashes and makes my eyes look bigger. I have run into a big problem though- every time I apply my mascara after a few hours my eyes are watering and itching like crazy. I know that mascara needs to be replaced quite often and I do so as well as do not share my mascara. I have tried using different brands and wands but each type seems to do the same thing with my eyes. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a mascara that will not cause allergy like symptoms for me??

2. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried Prescriptives mascara? I'm not sensitive to mascaras, but I heard that this one is good for sensitive eyes. I don't know if you can find it in stores, but here is a the online site:

3. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    I second the advice to try Prescriptives mascara. My daughter is very sensitive and this works great for her. I personally use MAC, but it is quite expensive.mi have not found a cheaper brand that works as well.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't have sensitive skin, but I find that the only eye make up products I can wear are Avon's range. I've even been in stores and had a trial of the expensive stuff like Revlon and Lancome, and it still makes my eyes red, sore and runny. The good thing with Avon's stuff is that even if it does irritate your eyes, or for that matter if you don't like the colour, you can get an exchange or a refund for up to 6 weeks after purchase. It's worth a thought.

5. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I have very sensitive eyes and it took my ages to find the mascara which won't cause any allergies. It seems the best mascara fo me is Clinique one. I also use Max Factor Lash Perfection and DiorShow and they're quite good.

6. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I've actually just started switching all my make up to the Clinique brand. A friend recommended it when I wanted a longer lasting foundation, and I was really happy with it. I didn't think the price was to bad, and they included a lot of free samples.

7. dhrynio

dhrynioMember

Threads:
    I often have reaction to many facial prdocuts but I use Clinque High Impact Mascara and have never had any problems.

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sensitive to mascara.. but my friend who is, tried my Avon mascara and is happy with it. She is now going around telling everyone to use it.. so you have a second vote for Avon.

9. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I am not a big mascara fan, but if you love mascara, you should definitely try

. It is really good. It last long on your eyes and also last for some months! It is of great quality!

10. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    I love love love my Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Care mascara. Makes my lashes look soooo big and ... voluminous, lol. Doesn't really clump on me, either, and they have a forumla for sensitive eyes too!