Looking for a good but reasonably priced blender. Anyone have one that they love?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Katewon1 • Aug 29, 2013.

1. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I like my blender which is a Hamilton Beech blender that cost $60 at Target. I like it, but I do not love it. Although it is pretty good at making smoothies, anything with a thick consistency seems a bit beyond its powers. I have certainly heard wonderful things about the Vitamix but those cost hundreds of dollars. I just don't have that much money to spend on a blender. The infomercials for the Ninja seem pretty convincing, but all those informercials make their product look perfect. Has anyone tried it? Or does anyone recommend another brand?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to recommend the magic bullet or the nutri bullet. In case they sound familiar these are the smaller style blenders that we have seen on the tv infomercials by they honestly work like perfection. The thing that I like the most about them is that they blend to the point where its a like a juice while the normal blender always leave a little bit of the berry seen.
    They are also around 80$ when on sale so I would highly recommend to invest in one.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm happy with my Ninja Master Prep. They cost around $40-$50 but I bought one online on Cyber Monday for $20.
    It works just like the commercial and actually blends ice into snow. I was drawn in by the whole ninja thing because I'm obsessed with everything Japanese and the blades look like shurikens, but it actually is a good blender.

4. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    Thank you both for the reviews. I will have to see if I can find something on sale. Good to know that both actually work like they do in the commercials. I'd love more reviews if there's anyone else out there with a great blender.

5. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I hope you get the best of the best..

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a ninja and LOVE it. The motor blew a while ago, but I would even be fine with buying a new ninja every time this happens because I've never found anything better. My smoothies are far smoother.. it just does everything better. Also, no scraping under blades to get everything you blended, the blades come out and you can get every last drop or piece of food. It's just way more convenient and efficient than anything I've had. And don't buy a juicer.. they remove the fiber. I totally recommend a ninja.

7. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    Well it sounds like Ninja is the way to go! Thanks for all the replies everyone. :)

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Let us know how you like it. I was just looking at the place I bought my last one and they now sell it for the same price, with less pieces. Unless I want to go for one of the blender types. Not impressed.. but still worth it.

9. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Hamilton Beach blender too, and I like mine a lot, but I have been thinking about getting something that can juice fruit with the skin on. Maybe a Jack La Lanne juicer, because they look so convincing on the TV informercials, and hey, it's from Jack La Lanne, hello:) But, after reading some of the posts here and on another thread, I find myself leaning towards getting a Ninja. It is getting good reviews from people on this forum, so that may be the one that I get.

10. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    You can bid for the Ninja Mega Kitchen Blender and the Vitamix Turboblend VS Blender at Qbids.com. You will have to register and buy some bidding tokens to place bids on them. They have another very good blend blender on the site called the Breville Hemisphere Control Blender. The Big Boss Multi-Blender is being sold at nomorerack.com for $34--that's 51% off the retail price. This one can even whip cake batters.

11. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of the Breville. I'll have to find out some more about it. Sounds like a good one though. Thanks!

12. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    The Ninja Master Prep Pro QB1004 is a great all around blender and chopper you can buy for less than $100. The reviews on it are pretty good as it is comparable to other more expensive brands like the vitamix. It even has a separate chopping bowl you can expertly chop garlic, onions and almonds in. You also get three blending containers with storage lids which is great for convenient storage of ingredients. It is dishwasher safe and thankfully it does not take a rocket scientist to operate.