Looking for an affordable home theater system (sound only)

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by KeyBrace • Sep 12, 2012.

1. KeyBrace

KeyBraceNew Member

Threads:
    My roommate and I are looking for a decent sound system for our new apartment. He's a real audiophile and I'm not. The problem is that we don't know the first thing about finding an affordable theater system. As of the moment it's not a top priority but we still look from time to time. Our price range is somewhere in the 100 to 140 range. The ones we looked at so far were all at Walmart and have the price range we're looking for.

So far we've been looking at Sony systems one being Sony DAV-DZ175 ($139) and Sony DAV-TZ140 ($109)

They both look decent but we're still torn on buying them as we're wondering if we can get a higher quality home system for less. I'm just wondering if anyone here can chime in if they have a home theater system and if they enjoy it or if anyone can vouch for another affordable home theater system.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We did a lot of looking at home theater systems last spring. The best advice I can give you is to not get in a hurry and choose carefully so you don't regret it later. You can go to a store that lets you listen to them but do not plan on buying them that day. I would also consider waiting for the Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals on electronics. In the meanwhile, you can check out customer reviews on-line and compare prices. We actually ended up spending more money than we originally planned on but are very happy with what we got. Here's a link to C-Nets Best 5 affordable ones. It may give you some ideas for other ones to look into.