loosing grey hair

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Libragirl67 • Apr 27, 2013.

1. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I am just starting to get grey hairs. More than I can just pluck out at this point. So what are some reliable hair washes that ONLY will get my grey out. I do not want to change my hair color just wash the grey out. Any products that may work for me?

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm not sure how you'll get rid of those without coloring or dyeing it. Probably some temporary colors will do though, the washable ones. At least they're not permanent.

3. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    You can't wash grey hairs out! The only way to get rid of them is to put a colour on. There's no reason why your hairdresser can't match a colour to your existing hair colour, or as near as damnit. Just because you have grey hair doesn't mean you have to change your entire hair colour.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I agree with the posts above, the only way that you can change your hair color or cover your gray/white hair is to dye it. But there is such a product called "L'oreal Hair Mascara" that can temporarily cover your gray hair, since it's washable, but I think that it's a waste of money.

5. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. I have many gray hairs- and i'm young. :( So I color my hair.

6. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    i think this is a naturaly we did not do anything about this to stop garying hair,

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I am one of those who has to color her hair quite often but then I have a great deal of grey hair. The first question is how much grey are we talking about? In other words is it quite apparent, or is it something that isn't that obvious to the on looker. Second, there are no such things are washes to take out a few grey hairs, I wish there was but unfortunately such a product hasn't been invented to my knowledge. A suggestion there are products on the market that can cover up grey. There is a cover stick used for covering grey hairs, and can be purchased in different colors. There is also a spray product now called gray away that is suppose to do the same thing. Another suggesting there are product called root touch up kits, if you can find one close to your own color of hair you can dye the few grey hairs using this product or you can ask a hair stylist if its possible to just dye the few grey hairs that are currently in your hair.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Supposedly taking the supplement Biotin can slow down getting gray hair because it has the same proteins found in hair.
    But even though it can slow down gray hair, it won't magically take away the gray hair you already have.
    Here's an excerpt from an article about Biotin.

Take 300 mcg of biotin, also called vitamin H, daily to prevent your hair from graying. Grow your hair and increase your hair's strength with biotin also. Eat egg yolks, brown rice, whole grains, liver, milk and brewer's yeast for a food source. Understand that biotin strengthens your hair and works to prevent your hair from turning gray by helping to produce keratin.

Read more: Vitamins That Prevent Gray Hair | eHow.com