Loosing weight and dresses?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by pfaemaster • Jul 7, 2014.

1. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    I've lost 20 pounds so far and I just got the cutest dress for a vacation. Its a bodycon dress and is on the tight side. I refuse to return it because I'm in love with it and the only problem is my muffin top (hate that word) shows a little more than I'd like. My mom recommended I get the shaping underwear (like high waisted underwear used to help out shaping your tummy). I want to get them, but I feel like i'm "cheating." Something like how girls will wear huge padded bras that have no breasts, I feel like i'm lying about my size. What is your opinions on this? Am I just being silly?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I understand what you mean, but I also think you're being a little silly, too.

As in, you're not going and getting a huge padded bra that makes you look 5 sizes too big and absolutely ridiculous.

You're just putting on an undergarment that helps smooth out the lumpiness. It's not going to cause you to stop trying to lose more weight. It's simply going to make you more comfortable in a dress that you'd love to wear!

3. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I think you may be a little silly about this. I have always had a little extra weight in that area. I recently started wearing a corset to make me look more curvy and I looked amazing. I have been waist training for a couple and it seems to helping me mold my midsection but its not for everyone. I don't think it's cheating, sometimes we need a little help.

4. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    The muffin top takes more time and effort before you totally lose it. If you really need to wear that dress you adore so much, then just use that high waisted underwear or girdle to smoothen out those lumps. It's up to you how you consider it, whether cheating or not. No one is counting points anyway, so just use it. What's important is you get the desired result you want and you will look good when photographed :).
    Continue with your workouts and toning exercises sot you can totally get rid of those muffin tops for good.