Losing Gloves And Socks

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Theo • Jan 18, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yesterday my dad lost one of his gloves when he was out shopping, it reminded me as a child how many single gloves we had after losing them all the time. He thought it would still be int he shop the next day, but it wasn't!

Do you get annoyed when you lose a glove? I do, so now I always make sure when I take them off I zip up my pockets.

Somehow the same happens with socks and I don't know how but I still manage to lose them in the laundry and have odd socks, although all black. I learned my lesson.

2. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Gloves can easily be lost because you tend to remove it from time to time. However, I don't see why you would lose a socks, unless you tend to travel often and you lose it at a hotel or something like that.

Right now, I really choose gloves which are mobile phone friendly, so I don't have to remove it all the time whenever I need to use my phone. This way, it also decreases the likelihood that I will lose it or misplace it.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Somehow I lose them in the laundry basket, in the machine or in between whenever they are drying. It's just one of those things. I don't wear them often, but whenever I do laundry some days I end up with odd numbers!

4. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I do lose gloves and mittens much. :/ Sometimes I go back on the scene of the crime (loss) and find them, sometimes not. It always makes me think that I should do it like kids, and have a string upholding both gloves together passing inside my sleeves and jackets!

I don't in the end because I would feel a bit silly, but one day I might just.

5. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    My nephew had bought me wonderful leather gloves for Christmas. When I got to work I realized I had only one glove. I had only stopped at the gas station so I called them and of course no one saw them. On the way home I stopped and bought two pair, but really felt like the glove had to be at the gas station so I drove there. It was windy, wet and snowing. I parked in the exact same spot and looked around, there off about 25 feet was what looked like a glove and sure enough it was mine. I was happy! :) It was wet from sitting in the snow all day, but it dried and now I watch them closely.

Socks get lost in some washers because during the spin cycle they spin to the top of the machine and get stuck between the drum and the housing. I try to make sure I have both socks when I start and both when I finish. I lose socks in the house all the time, I have no idea where they go. There is a sock Bermuda triangle someplace in my bedroom.

6. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I don't wear gloves often so I can't really speak to that. However I seem to have an uncanny ability to lose socks. I have no idea how it happens or where they go but its pretty ridiculous. I put way more money into socks than I should have to.

7. Epicfied

EpicfiedMember

Threads:
    Socks tend to get lost in laundry. I don't normally lose gloves though. I always take them off and immediately put them in the correct pocket in my coat. If it's not cold enough for gloves, they're either put away or set in one specific spot on top of each other. Possibly folded together.

8. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I've never lost any gloves, but as for socks... I don't know why, but I just keep losing them. Most of the time they just fall behind the washing machine or under the bed only to find them a few months later.

9. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I hate losing socks. Every time I do laundry it's like they vanish or something. I'm telling you, there is a weird thing going on and i'm sure the washing machine just eats up my socks. Luckily, I bought 15 pairs of the same white socks so I never have to deal with this shet again.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Every year my mom would buy a huge mountain of socks for me and my sister, every pair exactly the same! She used to say that this way, every sock would match! Looking back, it was actually quite a sensible idea - although at the time I would always complain I didn't have patterned or striped socks like all my friends!

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Living in a tropical country saves me from that inconvenience, but I'm quite vigilant when it comes to my things, so I'd probably place mine in a bag when I need to take it off so that it won't get lost if ever I get to travel to a cold country.