Lots of Pens

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Animachine • May 15, 2012.

1. Animachine

AnimachineNew Member

Threads:
    I honestly need to buy a massive stock of Pens. Does anyone know a place where I can get about 1000 pens at wholesale price? It would be nice if they were a common brand like Paper Mate. The people in this office really like to lose pens, and I'm sick of buying them 20 at a time.

2. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure you can buy that many pens lol. You can try any office supplies store. I looked on Amazon for you, and I found a pack of 60.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Try

. It's a UK based company, with international sources for various wholesale products listed directory-style. Problem is, you have to join to access the deals, and the free membership deal is very limited. Try Ebay, and select 'wholesale and job lots' in the search filter.

4. ljepilo

ljepiloActive Member

Threads:

Have you tried with Ebay ? I supply myself with pens from Ebay all the time... :) Although I don't know if you can find 1000 pens at wholesale price, I'm pretty sure u can get them cheaper than anywhere eles :D

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Are they losing them or are they stealing them? I'd find those pens that have to be attached to something for all of the general areas and then cut down the loose pens to a number of about 500. I can't even imagine that many people being willing to write with such a cheap pen like a PaperMate. Only in desperation or on a receipt would I go for that.

I can be a bit of a pen snob. Sorry.

6. Animachine

AnimachineNew Member

Threads:
    We give them out during training, people grab them around the office, and no one ever returns them. It wouldn't really be practical to have attached pens because of all the walking around with clipboards and such. I could get them connected to the clipboards, but no one likes to deal with that chain while they're trying to write and take notes. I'm fine with people taking them, I would just like to take less trips to the store, and maybe even get a little discount. I could order like 10x 60packs of pens, but that wouldn't save me a dime lol.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I would actually recommend going with something like Vistaprint. Get them customized with your logo or name, etc, and then consider them to be advertising as well. That way, when one disappears because trainees take them, they'll see your name each time they use it...or they'll pass it on to someone else who will also see your name. :)

8. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    You could always go into the store itself like Office Depot and ask if you can just buy the whole bulk box of pens as well as a bulk discount with it. If not, try looking around Amazon for deals to get free shipping as well as bulk discounts.

9. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:

Oh no. I would never hand them out during training. If a person trying to get a job isn't even prepared enough to come to work with a pen, then I don't want them at my company. I think you should make that as part of the introduction package. We will provide a pen TODAY, but if you are ready to work tomorrow, then you aren't ready to work at this company.

You'll see a higher pen retention rate.

10. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    You should definitely check out 4Imprint.com. They have wholesale prices on pens, so you could get them for as little as $.08 each! 4 Imprint will also send you a sample of the pen in the mail for free! I've done this many times and it's great to get free samples. Check out these cheap pens at 4 Imprint:

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy pens. I take them from TD bank, where they leave them out for you to take. Everybody does this. In fact, I've gone into several bars and other places of business and seen people working there writing with TD bank pens.

12. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Keep looking online, there are lots of wholesale warehouses with great discounts on Shipping.

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Try to look for a wholesale seller on eBay, I'm sure you can negotiate a good price for that amount of pens. Now don't forget that the heavier the package gets, the higher shipping prices will be.

14. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:

Now, truer words have never been spoken. It doesn't matter what city or state either, you will see a bunch of TD Bank pens in places that don't have TD Bank on their doors.

15. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I think Dollarama, or any dollar store, have great deals on pens. I can get about 20 for a buck or really nice ones in a set of two for a buck. I'm sure Staples can give you a deal on a package of 100 or even Walmart.

16. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    Ebay will be your best bet for online bulk shopping for pens. You could also try your local wholesale retailer, they usally sell everything in bulk for a low, affordable price. Good luck in your search!

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe you can get a good bargain if you shop directly at the pen manufacturing company, for sure they have loads of pens there. You can even get 2,000 pens if they would allow it. ;)

18. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    You'll need to have a Sales Tax ID to actually get them at a wholesale price. No real wholesaler will sell to someone that can't prove that they actually have a business. You can get great bulk prices, though, from ebay or stores like Costco.

19. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Try places like office max or something they should have some in bulk

20. Mary Carter

Mary CarterNew Member

Threads:
    Well there are various other sites too where you can purchase bulk pens or other products and too in customized form like a desired logo or quotation printed on it. A few such brands in my approach are Epens.com and 4BusinessGifts.