Love Fabreeze, but Hate The Price?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Farrah • Jun 28, 2012.

1. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I love, love, love, Fabreeze with the gain smell. What I don't love is that it costs $6, even at Dollar General. I love it do much the bottle only lasts about a dollar. Well, I kept the bottle, and filled 1/4 of the spray bottle with Tide with fabreeze and the rest water. Smells great too. I spray my sheets and pillow cases every morning, and my curtains and rugs 2-3 times a week. I turn on the ceiling fans and the whole house smells very fresh! Way way cheaper than $6!

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a great tip, take the soap that you like the scent of mix with water in a spray bottle and use as an air refresher. I will have to try that, it will save money and smell good. My grandson's room is always in need of a little bit of help. He takes a shower, washes his hair, uses deodrant and still has a musky smell to his bedding.

3. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    That is actually a good idea. I love Febreze but it is so expensive. I've even bought the cheapie dollar fabric fresheners from the dollar stores but it is not the same. Febreze just has a certain smell to it that makes it so great.

4. missnc35

missnc35Member

Threads:
    I love Fabreeze too, but I'm not willing to pay the expensive pricetag. Although I think it has a great scent, I am not in a situation where I can spend $6 just for a scent. I don't even buy lotion or shower gel unless it's on sale (and by sale I mean 75% off or more). I just stock up during the sale then I don't have to repurchase until the next sale. This DIY Fabreeze seems like a good idea. I'll definitely try this when I get a chance.

5. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    Would this homemade stuff stain your curtains or carpets or whatever else you are spraying it on? Just curious.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    It doesn't stain at all. Its diluted with the water. My bedsheets and pillowcases are white, and I spray them every morning before I make my bed. Makes the bed fresh every time we go to bed. My husband thinks I wash them everyday. He asked me if it will wear the sheets out faster if I am washing them everyday. Ahhh good times.

7. leighdu

leighduNew Member

Threads:
    Has anyone heard of the homemade Febreeze that you can make yourself? That's a great idea OP, and an even better one is being able to make it yourself. Someone once told me about it and said it's less than $5 but will last much longer than the regular Febreeze. I've looked all over the Internet trying to find the ingredients but no luck as of yet.

8. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Funnily enough I was only talking about the price of Fabreeze today with my mum. Here in the UK it is just as expensive (around £3.50). I LOVE it though and just haven't found an alternative that does as good as a job. I will be trying out your tip though, Farrah! Thank you. :)

9. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, this is such a simple idea, but I would have never thought of it. I really love Febreeze, too. The price of it is just plain ridiculous though. Lately i've been burning natural oils from a candle shop and my furniture absorbs the scent from the oils. My house still smells like vanilla days after the oil is burned out. I am going to try your suggestion. I would probably use a really gentle detergent (possibly an all natural one because my furniture is so light). Thanks for giving us this idea!

10. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the DIY air freshener tip Farrah! I absolutely love the Febreeze smell myself, but I also hate the incredibly high price that they stick onto each bottle! I'll definitely be using this later!

11. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Nice share! Love Febreeze but also hate the price so I don't usually buy it too often and when I do I don't use it as much as I would like to because it costs so much. I'll have to give this DIY a try. I was a little concerned about it staining certain pieces of furniture that we have but I think it would be great to use on our curtains and bedding. Thanks

12. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone likes Febreeze. If it is too expensive you can always check the Dollar Tree. They offer a generic version for only $1 for each bottle. Hope that helps.