LOVE infomercials

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by 57spotty • Mar 4, 2014.

1. 57spotty

57spottyNew Member

Threads:
    is it just me or are infomercials really fun to watch? when i get only half way thru i want the product SO badly! my husband talks me to into sleeping on it before purchase, and when i wake up in the morning i wonder what on earth i was thinking about, why would i want that item? but its like the infomercial is so intoxicating, i can't stop watching it and wanting to buy their product!

2. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    The infomercials I watch are the ones advertising some kind of workout dvd or equipment. I like seeing the before and after pictures of people. It really gets me pumped for my own workouts. I've never purchased any because the price is way too high for me.

3. 57spotty

57spottyNew Member

Threads:
    i hear that! they are so inspiring tho, right? like i feel like i'm in a trance and can't stop watching. i can barely keep myself from buying 5, lol!

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like infomercials at all and would never buy a product because I watched an infomercial. I hate it when someone tries to talk you into buying something you don't need. To be honest, I hate everything 'salesy' and infomercials unfortunately fall in that bracket.

5. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    It's pretty hard to not want to buy what infomercial sells, because that's what its purpose is. As for me, I would like to just watch it. I like the innovation it brings about and the what the product offers. But, at the end of the day, its just infomercials. It will say anything for us to buy that product. I would still go for the items I can test and touch, then buy it. I don't want to just buy a product because it says it's good. Rather, I'd like to buy a product because I know it's good.

6. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    So many of the infomercials show things that my kids, especially my daughter, MUST have! She just loves any commercial for any other the pillowpets, stuffies, stompers those kind of things. She just get's so excited and starts jumping up and down saying I need this I need this! It has been getting easier as she is getting older thank heaven, but around Christmas, the commercials drive me crazy, well, not the commercials but my daughter watching the commercials lol.

7. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    I hate infomercials. The products are never as they seem to be on television - because on television people who try them out aren't telling the truth (the fitness stuff is all photoshopped), and everything looks easier than it is in reality. They're okay to watch sometimes, but I never feel compelled to buy an item after watching an infomercial.

8. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Some of them are fun. Some of them are REALLY annoying. I like to make fun of them, personally. They always make you want to buy the product, but the products always suck. You know they aren't nearly as good as they show in the commercial.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The ones in the late 80's and early 90's were fun to watch - but progressively over the years they have become more and more annoying to me than anything. Some of these hosts are so manic it's exhausting to watch them and listen to them talk - I want to shoot them with tranquilizer darts or something to calm the hell down. It's like they just drank a whole pot of espresso and snorted a gram of cocaine before coming on to the show. Then they yell everything at you instead of talking in a normal voice and they are so spastic it's nuts.

I also think they are going way too overboard with exaggerating the reasons why you need their product. The Eggstractor for example - the lady had pieces of egg in her hair, all over her face, and was a mess. Come on, it's not that tedious to peel a stupid hard boiled egg. They are also getting way out of hand with their fake free add-ons, with regards to false advertising. I've heard a lot of complaints about that portable convection burner thing. They make it sound like you are getting two of them plus this whole set of pots and pans for under $100, and people are shocked to see over $300 in charges on their card after ordering it.

10. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    I love the goofier infomercials. There aren't as many of those anymore. Everything has to be so focused and specif nowadays. I am more inclined to buy things when the advertisements make me feel good about them in general. Come on infomercials... make me feel good! :)

11. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    They always make me feel like I want whatever they're trying to sell me. :eek: It makes me mad because I feel like I'm being tricked! Everything on infomercials make you believe you can save time and money by buying these items. That's what I love about them, but I always hear such negative reviews about a lot of the products. I still can't help but watch and wonder though. :p

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:

I like commercials for kitchen appliances, like the Magic Bullet or the Slap Chop. I'm not really into the ads for weight loss or beauty products, but the kitchen infomercials make whipping up meals seem like fun.
    The Magic Bullet and Ninja commercials make them seem like the only appliance you'll ever need.

13. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I like the ones where the host is going a mile a minute in their pitch. There's something kind of creepy but funny about it. Right now, I'd say the lady with the red helmet hair is the funniest. She goes around the kitchen making all kinds of wild recipes in what seems like seconds.

First, it was some kind of oven that cooked quickly but was cool to the touch so it could be used on the kitchen counter. The last time I saw her, she was making monkey bread, breakfast pizza and all sorts of meals using a pan that not only cooked quickly but was portable because of some sealing.

14. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    There are certain infomercials that definitely get my attention! Total, I think that I've purchased about a half dozen or more products that I've seen on infomercials, but so far I've been happy with the items that I've bought. I think the money back guarantees are a great selling point! That way if you're not satisfied with a product and usually for any reason they will allow the customer to return it. I do like checking out other reviews for products prior to purchasing them though and then I get a much better idea from others as to whether the product is worth buying. :)

15. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I love infomercials because I study them aside from the fact that they are highly entertaining. We can learn a thing or two just by watching how the speakers draw us in. After each commercial I stay up thinking about what made me glued to this guy? Perhaps I can translate the actions into words and maybe I can do the same magic on my sales letters and websites. Gotta love these guys. It takes work, to keep audience motivated. Their call to action are killers as well.