Loving The Voice

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by isabbbela • Oct 8, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Season seven of the ABC show The Voice started a couple weeks ago. I believe right now there on the fourth or fifth episode. I only today started watching it and I'm still at episode two, however I'm already enjoying it a lot! I have watched the last couple of seasons of the show just because I wasn't really like the fingers were the best. Which shows like American Idol, The Voice and X Factor repeating for seasons on end, I must say I'm not nearly as excited for singing competition shows as I was before. I used to live this kind if show, now I'll watch them only if there's nothing better on... However, when I saw that Gwen Stefani would be on season seven of The Voice, and even better, that Taylor Swift will be one of the main mentors of the singers, I freaked out and immediately started to watch it. I honestly am watching it mainly for Taylor Swift, I cannot wait to see her mentoring the singers. I think it's going to be exciting. I do think that the singers have been really high-quality, so I'm excited to see who wins and what happens. Are you watching the voice?

2. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have watched The Voice on and off since it debuted. I like the show. They have pretty good singers on the show. I like the way the judges interact with each other without having to argue the way they did on American Idol. I like singing competitions, but they are pretty much interchangeable. If you have seen one, you have seen them all. With that said, I still enjoy watching The Voice.

3. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have watched it before but not this season. Is there anybody good on? I agree that I like the Voice better than other singing competition type shows that are out there. It's fun to watch along and vote. I'll have to tune in next week!

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have watched the Voice from the beginning and I just feel like it gets better all the time. Even though I liked the coaches before, Gwen Stefani was a nice new addition. I wasn't sure about her at first because I didn't pay attention to her outside of her music but she is quite a character. She just fits in well with the other coaches. Pharrell is kinda bland but he is okay. He has some good advice.
    I only wish I hadn't felt so sleepy last night because I was half watching it.
    I won't say anything about the Taylor Swift thing.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I watch The Voice, but let's be honest, the only careers that have been helped by The Voice are the careers belonging to the judges. At least, American Idol has produced viable careers for a lot of their former Idols. So, I still prefer American Idol, though I do wish they hadn't done so much tampering to the format in order to insure that certain Idols would actually get on the show.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not the Voice's fault that they've been less successful. Most people who come to the Voice are technically good but they have less stage presence. Plus you have to consider the Voice has only been on 3 years so I don't know if it's fair to say American Idol is doing better. I haven't heard about singers from any show being successful lately anyway.
    I like the Voice more for the judges but their concept is also more interesting to me. American Idol just seems really old to me and I don't think I'm alone in that.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like the concept of judging the singers by their actual talent, their singing ability, rather than appearance. It gives those with true talent a chance to show what they can do. I like that. Besides, American Idol got tired out a long time ago.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    After they lost the original judges, the only reason I had left to watch American Idol was the bad auditions. That was the last bit of enjoyment I got from the show, and they took it away. Now the show feels even more fake, and I've lost all incentive to watch American Idol.

9. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    For some reason I've never really been into the voice maybe because with American Idol people will routinely become commercially successful in comparison to the voice at least that's what it appears. These singers put in all this work but what do they really have to show for it? Do they get a record deal? Are they financially rewarded for their efforts. You never hear from these people once the show is over like you do with American Idol.