Lucky Numbers

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Theo • Feb 27, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you have certain numbers which you keep as your lucky numbers? I know in Chinese, 8 is always lucky, but some people have a lucky number and they use it in everyday life and see it a sign that things were meant to be or in lottery tickets, or even buying a house or when they choose a hotel room number.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't believe in the existence of lucky numbers. Someone might believe that if they pick a certain number increases their chances of winning say in one of those games where you choose a random number in order to win something. Though I don't embrace the belief that some numbers are lucky I'll always choose 11 because November has always been my luckiest month. November being the 11th month of the year . . .

3. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any lucky numbers. I can't think of a time that I used a specific number that turned out to be lucky for me. I know some people that claim to have lucky numbers that they use to play the lottery. I had an aunt who believed the number 7 was lucky. She used the number 7 whenever she had an opportunity.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well in numerology and in the beliefs of the Chinese, each person has a lucky number based on your birthday and zodiac sign, so I loosely follow it. Lucky numbers are mainly for lotteries or like choosing a jersey number or a job interview date, so it won't hurt to try right?

5. Denis Hard

Threads:
    Sure it doesn't but if you don't stand to lose much. Instead of choosing a 'lucky' number to choose a date when, say, you'll apply for a job because your chances of getting the job when you send your application that day will be higher then I think you'll waste a lot of time embracing superstitions that are impotent. I'd rather trust my instinct instead of numbers . . .

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do some work on numerology, but I use them in a different way and each person has an affinity with each number whether it is strong or weak. I don't use lucky numbers either, but I am always intrigued to see the stories behind other people's tales. My brother does use his lucky numbers, while I do choose numbers when I am buying a new sim card, but I guess we are drawn to certain numbers and away from others subconsciously.

7. Denis Hard

Threads:
    I had a look at some numerology sites a little while back. I was more interested in the charts. My life path number and that any readings I'd get. But when I looked at the articles for each of the destiny numbers, at least 25% of the information contained . . . I could relate to it. Having been disappointed thusly, I think numerology is all about wild speculation?

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah! I am also a skeptic which I why I use them in relation to Pythagoras's theorem and it's not about a life path number, but how you interpret the numbers with your soul path. Maybe I will do a reading for you and it will make sense. Still, a bit like astrology, I take it with a pinch of salt, because we can all divert away from our destined paths.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The reason why 8 is a lucky number for the Chinese is that unlike other numbers, it has no corners or stops. The number symbolizes infinity or something continuous. Such a number can therefore guarantee "infinite good luck." Even if this belief is nothing more but fantasy, I do think there's no harm in picking your own lucky number. I personally sport 8. I find it lucky. I won the Bingo game back when I was a child and the last number called was 8.