Lumia - Nokia's Saving Grace?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Nov 26, 2012.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We all know that Nokia is on its last legs. Its recent line of devices -the Lumia, may make or break the company. I think the design of the Lumia devices are pretty good, their video and image capture is top-notch, and they also are built in with a speedy processor. However, apps available for the devices are very few. Do you think that the Lumia line of devices could save Nokia from falling further behind?

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I could not really say that Lumia will be the savior for the company. The first two Lumia phones that are out are really good ones with regards to specs and designs. THe last one the Lumia 501 is a mediocore phone but with a low prize. If you were to ask me what is the impact of Lumia series, I think that they will somehow be a consumer's favorite. The future of the company will depend on the company's next move.

3. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    Lumia is a great phone but I can't say for sure whether it will save Nokia. Nokia and Blackberry appears in the same boat and may shut down in few years. However Nokia is in a much better position and its latest tie up with Microsoft may give it a boost. However it will require a Herculean effort to displace Apple, Samsung, HTC etc. from top or even to match their sales.

4. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    Nokia and RIM (Blackberry) really keeps loosing to Samsung and Apple. I also think Lumia is Nokia's saving grace and the phone looks good enough to be a consumer's favorite but the thing is it's new and you can download only a few apps where in Android you can download tons. That's really a main disadvantage they must look through. Same with Blackberry too.