Lush

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by liquidfuzzy • Jul 8, 2015.

1. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    Are there any Lush fans out there? I've actually never tried it before because every time I go online to order some I get so overwhelmed by the vast amount of products they have! Can you recommend anything? I know they have great bath bombs but what about their face wash, shampoo, and lotions? Has anyone tried them and are they worth the money?

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    The only product that I have tried from Lush is their lip tint. I do like it as it is a different kind of tint, it is in a small circular bin and you have to use your fingers to apply it. Texture-wise it is a dryish cream type. The color I have is red. Application wise you would have to have moisturised lips to make it glide smoothly. Lasting power is okay as it lasted half day when I wore it.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I used to like their bath bombs. Haven't been in a while but you're right, there is a lot to choose from. In fact, I'll visit the site now.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to use all their products, but they are too expensive right now but make nice gifts. I like their soaps as they do smell nice, although they don't last that long. The good thing is that the products are cruelty free and are affordable. People use these products more for this reason rather than any cleansing properties.

They are worth the money, but as all the products are natural, they won't last long even in a jar as they have few preservatives.

5. Katie Miller

Katie MillerNew Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Lush! They are well known for their bath bombs but honestly I can do without all that. I have very sensitive skin and their face products have never done me wrong. My favorite product of theirs is probably Let the good times roll face wash but I use it as a face scrub too. It smells so good, like caramel popcorn. The fresh face masks are great too, but they can't ship them since they are sold fresh. I love their shampoo bars, body washes, and their soaps you must try. Their products are more expensive, but they last a lot longer since you don't use as much as you would products with all the fillers in them.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Briannagodess@Briannagodess I'm looking for something new for my lips, and that sounds like it might work. How long does one container last you? I probably wouldn't be using it every day, just on occasion, and I'm looking for something in between lipstick and lip balm, but something that adds color. I'm thinking maybe I could use it in conjunction with the lip balm, since you said it tends to be a dryish cream.

7. Briannagodess

Threads:
    I just use it once a week as I tend to go out only during Sundays. Since I got it May, the container is still almost full. It is very pigmented so a little goes a long way.

8. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Thanks, that's what I figured. I've never tried a lip tint from any company, so I'll look around to see what is available. I've never used Lush, but I checked it out when I saw this thread, and since I don't care for lipsticks anymore, I'm going to investigate the tints and see what companies make them, and what colors are available. I don't want anything too bright or dark, but I'm sure I can find something that will work for me.

9. Briannagodess

Threads:
    Since we are on the topic of tints, I would also recommend the Korean brands as they are what I liked the most. Etude house some pretty cheap but good quality ones. The tints do not last the whole day but they are really good enough for the price. I also loved Tony Moly's tints especially the milky pink colored tint which I forgot the name lol. It gives your lips a flush of color like a pastel pink. Super recommend it!

10. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Thanks so much! I was looking around for Lush on eBay, and saw a lot of Korean tints, and wondered about them. I don't recall seeing Tony Moly's tints, but I'll go back and look for those. I tend to stick a lot of things in my Watch List until I have the money, then clean it out all at once. Hopefully I'll have one or more tints soon. Have you found that the colors of the tints look the same online as in person? I've seen some that look very pretty, but I'm looking more for something like you mentioned, light pink (or milky), nudes, etc., not the darker or brighter tones.

11. Briannagodess

Threads:
    It actually depends on the color of your lips. My lips are quite pigmented and reddish in color, so when I apply the milky pink tint, it comes out as a pastel pink color. It looks quite the same as the color in the tube but just a tiny bit darker. The orange tints are also adorable especially for summer!