Luxury Hotels For Cats

Discussion in Pets started by troutski • Aug 17, 2015.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    More and more companies are springing up that cater to cats, specifically. They're mostly pet hotels for cats, and they provide tons of luxury amenities. It's mostly done to attract clients that are traveling and want to leave their feline friends somewhere safe and comfortable. Room and board costs anywhere from $10 to $80 per night, but higher rates include interaction with a staff member and your cat, so that's always nice.

It's interesting to say the least.

2. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I think that's a really good idea. Honestly, I'm kind of upset that I didn't think of the idea myself. Tons of people are willing to pay loads of money to make sure their cat is comfortable while they are on a business trip or just a weekend getaway. I think this way is also better than having friends petsit because the hotels would be held to a higher standard and you'd be more inclined to sue if that standard of treatment isn't held.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still think cat sitting is best because the cat is comfortable in it's own home and has it's own routine. I guess these hotels would be fine for people who are away for months at a time, but for a couple of weeks I think being in their own space is better. Many cats like their freedom, so for house cats it maybe okay, but those that like to go in and out it would be disruptive.

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Luxury cat and dog hotels are very big business where I live - in fact so much so - that the majority are so fully booked right up to the end of 2016 - they currently have long waiting lists.

However although they may be popular - I think their appeal is to the owner rather than being beneficial to the pet - unless of course the cat is used to living a luxury human lifestyle and might object to having to slum it if it went anywhere other than somewhere luxurious.

For the simple reason that - luxury to a cat is not based on the human desires of - staying in anything from penthouse designer suites to those with panoramic views - or those of having luxury bedding, underfloor heating, a choice of soft music, TVs displaying chirping birds or swimming fish, choosing gourmet meals from an a la carte menu and having a web-cam in its suite so that it can keep in touch with its owner any time it wants - but that of being allowed to go about its day to day business in its own familiar surroundings whilst being feed and cared for by someone it knows and trusts.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It does sound great especially for someone who either doesn't have a friend they can trust to take care of their furry friend or those who don't want to inconvenience others. $10 a night isn't too bad since you have the guarantee that your pet will be well taken care of when you are away. Less stress.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a good business right there, because a lot of travelling people for sure would be needing this kind of service. It's nice to know that the service is affordable, because not all people can spend as much as $80 on this kind of service.

7. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I have to go with this. Animals tend to like routine, and cats in particular are very territorial. I can only imagine the amount of stress being shoved in an unfamiliar place for several days would put on a cat. Doesn't matter how luxurious the hotel is.

Besides, $80 a day? For a pampered cat? Getouttahere.

8. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    I fully agree with SLTE, 10 to 80 dollars per night is a huge amount to pay in my opinion for a cat. Not only that, but you need to pay EXTRA so that a staff member interacts with your cat? And the cat will feel stressed in a new foreign place. I don't quite like this idea and I don't know who would pay for such a thing.

9. MichelleVL

MichelleVLMember

Threads:
    I totally love the idea of Pet Hotels. They would definitely help us avoid the trouble and hassle of having to find a family member or friend to help us take care of them, and would save us the money on airfare for our pets, as well as help avoid the hard time pets sometimes go through when they are traveling.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

I'm in agreement with you guys! I think cats are especially very precious about their space. This is something I believe is likely to really take off in America, though....not too sure about anywhere else in the world.

11. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not so sure about that - as although they may sound like a novelty idea - they are for sure catching on elsewhere and in a big way - as like I mentioned previously - not only have luxury cat and dog hotels become extremely popular over the past few years where I am and I don't live in America - but they're very big business too.

In fact so much so - that high earnings are virtually guaranteed well into the future - particularly as - even though the average minimum overnight stay is around $100 - not only are the majority fully booked right through to the middle of 2017 - but they also have huge waiting lists for way beyond that time

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mean most cats are uncomfortable when they are out of their home environment. As someone said, I think it is more for the entertainment and comfort of the people than the cats. I agree unless you are going to be away for an extended stay..keeping the pets at home with a pet sitter or trusted friend to look in on them is the way to go.