Lysol Disinfectant Wipes

Discussion in Product Reviews started by melmac • Apr 28, 2012.

1. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    I have no idea what I would do without my Lysol Disinfectant Wipes (yes, there are other brands, but they don't smell as good and they take longer to get crud off the counters). I trust the brand b/c of a microbiology experiment where Lysol kills almost as much bacteria as bleach (NOT THE NATURAL HIPPIE BRAND)...those natural products just spread the bacteria around, so don't believe they kill "99.9% of germs" b/c it's a lie that I witnessed after culturing bacteria with the organic products. It did nothing to it. Ewww.

My house gets messy if I run out of wipes. Too much work having to dilute bleach, spray the counter--let it sit 30 seconds and then wipe it with a paper towel. Who had the time? lol.

2. GOKuCommander

GOKuCommanderBanned

Threads:
    That is the same with me and Purell. If I run out I end up washing my hands every 5-10 minutes. I frequently use Lysol wipes when I'm not in the mood to clean.

3. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    LOL at "Natural Hippie Brand". I always wondered if the natural products were as effective.

4. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    We did lab experiments on hand sanitizers as well and I have some bad news for you. :-( Not only was it hand sanitizers, it was the foam hand sanitizers used at the hospitals...so high quality brand...it maybe killed 70% of the germs (if that). However, hand washing with soap and water did remove almost 100% of the germs!!! (This was a college level microbiology course--in case you were curious).

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting information and really good to know the natural products and hand sanitizers are not all what they are cracked up to be. I have not used the Lysol wipes before but have always wondered if they were any good. I'll have to give them a try.

6. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I did an experiment in my Microbiology class, testing the effectiveness of varios cleaners against bacteria. Lysol is only effective if you essentially saturate the area with lysol and let it sit for about 20 minutes. There has to be enough Lysol present to not dry out after 20 minutes. Therefore, not a big fan of it... unless I am just using to clean (not to disinfect).

7. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    Ha! I've always suspected that but haven't done the research to find out. Thanks for this. The only time I ever use hand sanitizers is when we go camping, but I also have a setup for washing hands with soap and water so I'm not going to bother with the sanitizer any more. I don't like the way it feels anyway.

8. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I love these wipes too! I use them All the time!!! I use them to wipe down everything. My son can be quite gross so these things are a life saver. Its so much faster than having to get a bottle of spray and a cloth. I just grab a wipe and go!

9. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    Interesting about the organic products. I always try to pick the 'greener' way if possible, but if they don't work, how can they advertise that they do what the brand name does? I don't get that. I also love my Lysol wipes and use them daily. I have 2 little kiddos and lots of little germs to get rid of all the time.

10. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    I love these! They are so simple too use, since it's just a wipe, and they make cleaning counters, tables, etc very quick and easy. It cuts my cleaning time by half, at least if not more! I use these to dust with (I know, odd) as well since they smell so good. I like the smell lingering in every room of the house lol

11. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I use the Lysol brand of wipes because I trust their claims. They do a good job of getting rid of germs, and I find reasons to use them. When I'm having company over, I'll break out a new box and wipe everything down. When I say everything I mean everything from the toilet, to the couch, computers, and the remote control. I basically guess where the most activity will be going on in the house, and I start wiping down those places.

12. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use them in college, but I grew to really dislike the smell as well as the sticky residue it left on my hands and sometimes the surfaces I used it on.

13. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I like to keep a container of the Lysol wipes in my son's bathroom. Since boys don't always have the greatest of aim in the bathroom I ask him to kindly clean up the underneath of the toilet seat with these!

14. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:

LOZ The Hippie brand. I call the new "Go Green" generation the new version of hippies as well. I think perhaps the go greeners are just the children and grand children of hippies.

15. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    We use these at work and we all love them!!! They really are multi-purpose and the lemon scented ones leave the room smelling fresh. Fair warning though - do not use these on ikea furniture - they streak.

16. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I love disinfectant wipes. I always keep them on hand. They are real handy to wipe down tables, counters, and areas where my son plays.

17. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    I love lysol products. There all very useful and super sanitary. This come in handy for people like me that are pretty creeped out by germs and strange things like that.

18. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I love them, too, but I usually use the Clorox wipes. When I worked in the school system, they were great for letting the kids clean up after themselves. I also transport dogs for the local shelter, and they are great for wiping down my car afterwards.

19. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I always use the Lysol wipes. That is the only brand that I buy. I have quite a few different containers throughout my house so that I don't run out. I always get the twin pack which saves me money.

20. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I have used these before and I have to say they do the job, but if you get them on any type of abrasive surface they can tear. So you do have to be careful with this aspect, but they are a good thing to have.