Macbook Pro fan is very loud and computer gets extremely hot! Any tips to fix it (without taking it

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by lrd913 • Oct 2, 2014.

1. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I've been having problems with the fan on my Macbook for months now and I'm not sure what to do. It will get extremely loud and it makes the computer very hot. I've had it resting on my legs before and it's almost burned my leg by accident.

I've tried the compressed air to clean the fan, it hasn't fixed anything.

Any tips I can try? I don't want to take it to Apple and I can't be without my laptop for days or weeks because of my schoolwork. It's only three years old and it's in excellent condition, the fan seems to be the only issue due to the noise and heat.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If cleaning out the fan hasn't worked, then you'll need to replace the fan. You're better off letting Apple take care of it, but you can always purchase a fan for your Macbook for a pretty low price. You'll have to do the swap yourself by following a tutorial online, but it really isn't that difficult. Then your new fan will make your laptop run smooth and cool without any problems. Even a used fan in good shape will fix your issue.

3. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I was hoping I wouldn't need to replace it, but I suppose that would be the cheapest and easiest fix. I've tried compressed air and tried to get rid of the dust. My Macbook is only three years old so I hope that's the only issue. I've taken really good care of it.

Thanks for replying! Appreciate the helpful input. :)