Mad Sale

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by difrancprod • Mar 31, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love a good bargain but sometimes I just don't have the patience for a mad sale because I'd have to deal with lots of people around. Do you go on midnight madness sales like prices being dropped up to 90%? Would you go even if the crowd is really huge?

2. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I used to do that when I was still working and can get in the shop after work. But usually I end up not buying anything because I get fed up with too much people, long queues in fitting room and cashier, and no other clothes that I like to choose from because the ones left are the ugly ones! So now, I just look at things for sale online and save my time and effort going to shops.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I just can't do it. The lure of the sale is nothing compared to the anthropophobia I develop just thinking about those mobs of frantic sale-chasers.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't like these kinds of sales. I didn't even like them when I worked retail. Some women can be down right ruthless when it comes to shopping for bargains. I know that I will pay a little bit more, but it's so worth it.

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

I really love a great sale and especially those mad sales at 90% off, but I hate the crowds, the rude people and having to deal with greedy people pushing and shoving people, so I don't really attend these kind of sales, it can be dangerous to your health if you know what I mean.

6. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Now i would rather pay attention on mad sales online than at stores. At least, i can avoid hurt by the crowd hunting crazy deals.

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't go to midnight madness sales. For me I would rather look for great deals online. There are always great deals to be found online at various places. Also, I tend to go to a dollar store or a place like big lots where you know you can always get a great deal no matter what time of day or year it is. I have never been a huge fan of blow out sales such a black Friday. For me these are always full of crowds and not the most enjoyable of shopping experiences.

8. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I love a great sale! Black Friday is fun. But lately I've come to realize I'm just not as up to it as I used to be. I'm getting too old! LOL. I'm only 35!

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I do know what you mean. I think it was last Black Friday or maybe the year before that some people got trampled to death at Walmart.

10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I still do this. I honestly love the feeling of saving a lot of money so I am sometimes a night owl who waits for when websites announce their sales.
    I usually prepare what I want to order so that I can order and immediately go to sleep right after.
    I guess this is just something that thrills me(haha).

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've always hated being in the middle of all that chaos and if I only had the choice of not having to save at the time I was doing this, I would have chosen not to. Fortunately now we have entirely new options for sales and coupons online so I don't ever have to experience those near-stampede types of crowds anymore, but honestly I do see some good in that kind of sale. There is something about personally and physically digging through the items and fighting through the crowds that I suppose gives a feeling of fulfillment that probably will never be duplicated online. I still prefer convenience over the rush though.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to go to the 3 day sales in the morning when the store has just opened, so that I could avoid the huge influx of people. But nowadays, since shopping online has become very popular, then I don't bother anymore waking up early, because I know that I can find a similar bargain online.

13. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    Quite honestly, I haven't found a product that I was that thrilled about to want to endure the sweat equity required to participate in any of those "mad" sales. In a lot of cases, the retailers only have a limited stock, which then requires you to spend hours outside, sometimes in the cold, to possibly get an iPhone, really? It just isn't worth it, in my opinion.

I think it takes a special kind of person to even get any joy from that "mob" type of experience. I prefer the sanity of cyber sales, in the comfort of my home, while I sip on my coffee. I believe many people are starting to feel the same, since Cyber Monday was much more profitable than Black Friday, for the last few years.

14. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    No, I can't deal with the large crowds. I don't even go out of the house when it is black Friday because of the madness that takes over the world on that day. The last time I went shopping on black Friday it was a disaster. People were running around bumping into each other, and being disrespectful for a product that can't be taken with them when they pass on. I find it extremely ridiculous. So, I will only care about huge sales that are online. Sometimes, I don't care about sales. If I want to shop for items that are cheap I will go to stores that sale items for less than $15.