"Magic Products" to clear acne fast?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by lrd913 • Oct 17, 2014.

1. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    Do you have a product that works like manage to clear your acne flare ups?

I usually breakout once in awhile, and I have one go-to product that usually works quickly and gives me good results. I've found that an AHA works wonders for my skin. I use a lotion with 10% Glycolic Acid and it has worked wonders. I use it as a spot treatment now, and I've noticed that the spot will dramatically diminish overnight and be gone within a maximum of 3 days.

Any products that work like a charm for you?

2. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    There are so many products out there all purporting to work miracles on acne riddled faces. I would be careful with these products and if you can I suggest that you consult your dermatologist right away as to what may work best for you. I had an acne problem some years ago and tried Proactiv solution and it worked then and still does for me.

3. kwriter93

kwriter93Member

Threads:
    This is going to sound strange, but my miracle product was no miracle product. I had cystic acne pretty bad with the normal amount of pustules just a few years ago. I was exposed to nearly every kind of face product their was to treat acne, due to being a cosmetologist and working in a salon. I thought I just had really oily skin for years and continued trying to fight it with drying and harsh products. Then one day, I thought about some things I knew about skin and realized that using harsh products may actually be counter productive. I quit using any kind of "acne product". I began using a normal daily wash; no salicylic acid or benzyl peroxide included. You know, my face cleared up in about a week. After all of those years, I was confusing my skin by drying it out. The more I dried it out, the more sebum (oil) my skin would produce to try and fix the problem. I was basically kicking my oil glands into overdrive by using drying products. Sometimes it's making the simplest changes that yield the biggest results.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Nothing really that works instantly. It always takes patience. It would take a month for me before I could the product's effectiveness and then from there I judge it. For breakout, this is my perfect combination: a glycolic soap and then an Epiduo. Together, they effectively diminish my breakout and reduce their aftereffects. First, I would wash my face first with the glycolic acid, and then after I have rinsed it, I would then apply the Epiduo. (It's a brand name and you can just buy it in your local drugstore if they have it.) I put it twice a day. One in the morning and the other, before I sleep. I put sunblock when I apply it in the morning because the two increase the skin's sensitivity as they exfoliate the skin of the face.

5. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the advice, but that wasn't what I was asking in this thread. I am careful with the products that I use, and I'm not asking about products that say they will work a miracle. I'm asking for products that individuals feel work like a miracle. I know I've come across too many products that never worked and it becomes hard to try new products after that.

Not everyone can afford to visit the dermatologist. Some of use weren't that lucky when we were growing up. I found products that were able to fix my acne problem, and I want to see what helped clear up others acne.

6. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    You skin sounds like it is the same as mine. I used salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide in my products for years and my skin never seemed to get any better. I finally decided to try and cut those out. I had used a moisturizer with 2% salicylic acid and I switched over to a moisturizer with no medication added. Then I switched from my medicated face wash to a purifying cleanser, once again without anything added to it. I used these products together for about a month or so and I saw a major difference.

After my face cleared up I still had some marks due to old acne marks. I have very pale skin, and I would always get the really painful red acne on my face. Even after it disappeared it would leave a mark for a few weeks (even if I didn't pop it - I stopped doing that when I was 16), and it was a major concern for me. I started to use the lotion that I mentioned above as a way to lighten the marks. It worked and I've been using it as a spot treatment since. I usually only breakout around my monthly cycle at this point.

I think the less I did to my skin the happier it was. Glad I'm not alone.

7. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I've always wore sunscreen year round so that has never been a concern for me. Once I started using the glycolic acid I just made sure to buy a stronger SPF. I've never gotten along with the Sun.

I agree that nothing really works instantly, that wasn't the purpose for the post. I know that clearing up acne takes patience and it can be a very hard struggle for many people. I just want to know what others have used to clear up their acne. Everyone has that "magical" product that worked for them. I've seen some glycolic acid face washes but I was never sure about using those. I might try a face wash when my lotion runs out. I wouldn't want to overdo the glycolic acid.

8. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    As for a product, Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash. I've never met anyone that it didn't help. It's in a clear bottle and orange in appearance. Also, increase your zinc intake, that will help no matter what you use on your face.