MagicJack Plus

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by Kim.Caron • Apr 24, 2012.

1. Kim.Caron

Kim.CaronNew Member

Threads:
    I apologize if I am posting this in an incorrect area. I was hoping someone could give me some feedback in regard to the MagicJack Plus. I know that you can use a regular phone instead of speaking through your computer or USB headsets. How is the sound quality and does it break up while talking? Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated! The price is incredible!

2. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Hi! I'm sorry that I didn't reply before, but I haven't checked in. I used the old Magic Jack for around 2 years and it was a pain, but the price was right. The Magic Jack Plus basically fixed all of the problems that the original had. While we would lose the connection a lot through the first one, the Plus has been going strong and working perfectly. We don't have to plug it into our computer (aside from when you first set it up) so we don't have to keep our computers on all of the time. I used to have issues with cutting out badly when we were using the original one, but I haven't had that happen yet.

Now, I've only been using the Plus since early February, so it might be too early to tell. But, it's awesome so far. I really would recommend it to anyone. $30 (or was it $20? Seems like it went up) per year is nothing to sneeze at. It has saved us a LOT of money.

One thing that's a bit of a drawback is that you don't have a phone if your internet or power goes out. But, most people have a cell, so this isn't really a deal breaker. I live in an area where a cell won't reliably pick up, so I have to have some sort of land line.

3. Emmas_Nana

Emmas_NanaNew Member

Threads:
    I use the original version. Unlike the previous poster, I have had no issues with it. I am going to upgrade to the plus version soon though. I don't like having my computer on 24 hours a day to receive phone calls and with the plus version you don't have too. With the money I save a year on phone calls, I would say it has been well worth it for me.