Mail Keeps Getting Delivered To The Wrong House

Discussion in Shipping Services started by cocolgooh • Jun 28, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I've been ordering things online for a while and ever since I've lived at this address my mail keeps going to the wrong house. It's repeatedly getting delivered to a house about half a mile away! I've never lived there and the only similarity between the addresses is The House number - we have a different street name and even a different zip code. And yet they keep getting my mail, and I'm left wondering where my items I've ordered are. I've even had grocery shopping delivered there before and had to walk there to get it, as I don't drive. Is there anything I can do about this? It's not even just one company doing it. It makes me feel as though I'm getting my own address wrong, when I'm not.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you been to the post office to check this out. It does seem weird that even the groceries were delivered to the wrong address. How long have you been living at that address, it maybe possible that t the the street name was changed. Good Luck.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes it depends on the quality job your postal person does. I had a huge issue with this a year or so ago. I have the community lockbox especially at my place and I swear that our postal person just randomly threw mail into boxes. Sometimes a whole stack of my mail would end up at the neighbors box, not just a letter or 2. I even called the post office to complain and was pretty much told there was nothing they could do about it.

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have different mail carriers nearly everyday it seems. It is not like it used to be when we had the same carrier for long periods of time. I am always getting someone else's mail and it won't even be someone on my street. It is annoying since then I have to put it back in the mail so that they can redeliver it. I can see this happening once in a while but not two to three times a week. I would definitely call the company or the post office to see what they are going to do about it.

5. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I've contacted the post office before about it and I was told that there was nothing I could do about it basically, and that I'd just have to keep going to get it. It just seems as if I'm paying for shipping on products for no reason, other than to waste money. I've wondered if I can get the products sent again if things are going to the wrong address until it's delivered correctly? But this seems harsh to punish the companies I order things from when it's the mail carrier getting it wrong. I would think the grocery delivery shouldn't be going wrong though? I've wondered if someone else at the address my mail etc keeps going to has the exact same name, age/date of birth or even a similar phone number and somehow our details are crossed over in systems? I'm not sure. It just seems odd to me that it keeps happening. I've lived here for about 4 years now and it's been happening on and off since I've lived here but it seems even worse lately.

6. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    Wow that's strange. Now when you say that the numbers are the same, I thought OK, it's just a mix up but I know that streets don't never have the same house numbers on them, they are always different.

When you mentioned that the street names are different, the only thing that I could think of is that maybe there is a mail referrer set up, and you don't even know anything about it.

When I got my apartment, the UPS store told me that the mail for that apartment was set up to be sent to a distribution center for pick up by who ever lived at my place before me. I was pissed, but changed it back. The packages were in my name but they still went to that location.

7. CC1234

CC1234New Member

Threads:
    OMG, Please tell me this resolved. I am having the exact same problem. My mail and packages keep going to the same wrong address. Mine is North and the other is Northeast. Same house number and street name and city but different zip codes

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, that's a big problem for you. With the mails, it can easily be remedied by pointing it out to the mailman. But with the courier, I agree that it is not easy to be corrected. That has happened to us several time but we were on the opposite end. Some mails would be delivered to us and we don't even know the person. But the address used was our address. We never accept a wrong delivery. Let the courier himself find the correct addressee. So maybe you can advise the receiver that they should not receive the delivery since it is not for them.