Make $20 for 1-2 hours of work.

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Christian • Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christian

ChristianNew Member

Threads:
    So recently I started looking at ways to generate some income on the side via the internet. I came accross a lovely website that I would like to share with you guys and girls!

Infoarmy.com

General Info

The premise of InfoArmy is pretty simple. They crowdsource information about businesses (mostly private companies) and resell the information to business professionals for a markup. They sell each report for $99 via an iPad app, but they are excited to offer an unlimited view subscription sometime in the future. However, the value in this model lies in the number of businesses that you have reliable information for - so they definitely need some help creating a lot of reports before selling unlimited view subscriptions.

The Work
    Pretty much, you just google for certain information and plug it into the report. Here is an example of a report I am currently working on: Screen Shot 2012-11-03 at 3.13.48 AM.

The Money
    Each report will net you $20 cash, no questions asked. You also receive a 40% revenue share if your report is purchased ($40). They will pay you per view or per purchase once they launch their subscription model, but most people just rely on the $20 per report to make money. If you factor in how much time one report takes, that comes out to $15 - $20 per hour! Not bad for monetizing your free time ;) They pay out every 15th and 30th of the month if they owe you money. There is no way to check how much they will pay you, but I keep an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of the reports I have completed. Now, as a disclaimer, they claim the $20 is a "bonus" per report. They may decide to end this and go with an all-revenue sharing model once they become more established. But until then, it is amazing beer money.

Try it out:

Referral Link (I get a small reward for referring you):

Non-referral link:

EDIT: I forgot to mention if you have any questions feel free to ask me I will try to respond to them to the best of my abilities.

#1Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you get paid to do reports? Can the report be about any topic under the sun, or the topics are strictly limited to business topics only? Do they have high standards when it comes to accepting other people's work? This is the 1st time I've heard of a site that pays you to write reports.

3. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    They do have their own report format right?
    Considering they'd give $20 for each published report it should be well searched but then getting the report to be published is the hardest since it must be quality.

4. Christian

ChristianNew Member

Threads:
    Yes you get paid to do reports. No the reports have to be about businesses. They have this library of businesses where you pick one and have to finish it before you can do the next. If you do a decent job you will be accepted. They have a senior researcher go through and tell you what is missing and what you can take out and once he/she is satisfied he/she will approve it which mean you can get paid.

5. Christian

ChristianNew Member

Threads:
    They do indeed have their own format you just fill in the blank. They do make it easier for you by having some places where you can simply click and they will search for it. It does have to be quality but if you fill in most of the fields and follow the help then you will be okay. When you are finished a senior researcher goes through your work and tells you what you may have missed or what you can remove. My experience with SR has only been positive.

6. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    This is interesting. I am always looking for ways to make money online, but I've never heard of this site. I will definitely do some research because $20 for 1-2 hours of online work isn't bad. Based on what you have described it sounds very legit.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ok guys, thanks for answering my questions. I feel intimidated to research and write for the site, because topics about business are not my forte. But maybe one day I will try it out.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It seems like you're getting paid to do research and write a report about what you've found. It seems simple enough since I love and am good at doing research. I would like to hear from people who have had personal experience with this site.

9. HDHarper

HDHarperNew Member

Threads:
    It sounds interesting but I am worried of long-term sustainability for the concept. It seems to me that eventually they will be offering this same service on Fiverr. I've worked a lot of GPT programs over the years and there have been very few that have proven long-term success. I only work programs now that have been active for over a year, and have shown sustainable growth with their business.

10. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    How do they pay us anyway? Through a check or paypal? I am actually interested in this job because research has been what I'm doing since my college days even up to now that I am in medschool. I just want to know their own format and requirements on writing style. I guess I will have to read more about this website.

11. Christian

ChristianNew Member

Threads:
    Yes they pay you via paypal. As soon as your senior researcher approves your report you get the $20 to your account and can cash out any time.

12. Christian

ChristianNew Member

Threads:
    This is mainly a research company. They sell the info you get them to other companies. Their money comes from having more reports so this will probably keep going for a while.

13. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    This is something that seems interesting to me for sure. I'll be checking it out as soon as I finish this odesk project that I'm in the middle of.

14. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I see your point, but even if it's only sustainable for 2 months, and you write say 5 reports in that time, it's an easy $100. Since no investment is required, why not take a chance on it.

15. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I've also looked around for some ways to make a little extra cash online. I usually only have 15-20 minutes to devote to the tasks, but it sounds like you can stop and start the report as needed. It sounds interesting.

16. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    This definitely sounds legit! What are the odds of a report being approved? Are they too strict or not?

17. Gift3d

Gift3dMember

Threads:
    I Will check it out and use your referral link, Only because you posted both and that was an honest thing to do, weather or not it helps me make money I'm glad it helps you

18. Christian

ChristianNew Member

Threads:
    They have senior researchers that will tell you what is still needed before you can complete the report. Only after they have approved your work then you can submit it and in a couple of hours you will have $20 credited to your account.

19. Christian

ChristianNew Member

Threads:
    Aaw thanks man. Where I come from you always post a non-referral link. Not everyone wants to sign up under somebody, I know I have refused doing so a couple of times so this is pretty much one of the 10 commandments of posting links :D

20. Christian

ChristianNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, your first one might take quite a bit of time to complete, some tips are: Read the help they give you, visit the forums if you have trouble and don't be afraid to tell your SR that you were unable to find something. Most of the time they are super nice and will help you out :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.