Make money while working out

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Mar 19, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you finding it hard to get yourself to go to the gym? Ate you having trouble eating healthy food? Well, if you're serious about health and would like to make money in the process, you might want to check out the Android app called "Pact".

Pact is an app that let's you set some health goals for yourself. The app pays on real money if you accomplish your goals within a set period of time. Cool right? Imagine making money just by living a healthy life. There's a catch though. If you don't accomplish your goals, you're the one required the pay up via Paypal or credit card.

Interested in the app? Check it out at the Play Store now.

2. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds interesting, but how does it know whether I did the exercise?
    Couldn't I just sign up and say I did it, while making money sitting on the couch?

3. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I agree this sounds interesting, but this post is to vague. We need more information. Like, how much work do i have to do, and how much will i be paid?

4. lindbergh

Threads:
    It tracks you via GPS. It takes a look at the place you go to. When you go and work out, you'll need to activate your GPS so that they could see where you are. The admin would determine whether you're really at the gym or not. Also, there are other activities that you could do and bet on. Like for instance you'll say that you'll eat 7 veggies or fruits. You'll have to take a picture of yourself eating a veggie or fruit and the users will either vote your pic up or down. :)

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like a very interesting app, but my gym is in my garden shed and I'm not sure they would accept that. I hope other people use it and it makes you a little bit of money, earning money would be a great incentive to work out. :)

6. lindbergh

Threads:
    It is specifically stated in the app that they do not consider any home gyms. Or else, everybody would state that there's a gym at their house. Also, a human would check the gps location of the gym and determine whether where you are is really a gym or not. We can't do anything if they say that the place that you are in is not a gym. :D

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds kind of cool, but I'm quite curious as to how the app would profit. I mean if it's free and your giving away cash to people there's got to be a catch right? Are they partnering up with gyms to be able to get commission for every person entering the gym via the app?

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Haha, that's really cool!

I guess there are always going to be people who try to game the system, but for the rest of us, it could be a good way to motivate ourselves to really succeed with our goals.

Also, it looks like you won't really earn much by doing this, so it truly is for the people who want to use it as motivation instead of actually increasing their income. It's about a dollar or two a week for succeeding, versus losing a much larger chunk if you don't follow through.

9. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think that this Is Really Interesting and Really Cool but I Would Really Want to Know If It Can Deliver. How Would This App Be Able to Know That I Am Actually Working out One Just of the Workout Location. Also I Would like to Know How Much Money I Would Get If I Were to Be Working out. That Would Help Me Determine If Working out Is Actually Worth It. But Overall It Does Sound Really Interesting and I Love to Try This out

10. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's an interesting concept, and I've heard of the app before. However, it doesn't suit my fancy and it's not for me. I don't need or want to get paid to work out, and I'm not going to give my money away because I couldn't meet a goal. I'll stick to working out for free and enjoying myself rather than fiddling with a somewhat unproven app.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The app sounds interesting, not something I would do but still interesting. It may help a few people get up and get moving.

12. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:
    Based on everything I'm reading about this app, I wouldn't use it to get income. It'd be a waste of money, in my own personal opinion. If I have to be at a gym, that means I need to pay the $100+ annual membership costs for the gym, which I'm sure the app won't give me that much within a year. I'd rather just work out at home (for minimal costs for equipment or pretty much free) and save the costs of the gym as my reward.

13. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds really cool, too bad I don't go to a real gym. Though, I wonder, do apartment gyms count? Probably not. There is another called nexercise. You don't get money for working out, you get points. You then use those points to purchase a gift card or to donate to a charity. I bought 2 gift cards and donated points. It is a lot of fun. You can track your workouts on it and everything.