Make-up Brands

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by melapie • Aug 4, 2012.

1. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    Do brands matter to you when buying make-up? Are you more inclined to buy expensive stuff or you go the cheaper yet quality route?

I myself have never bought expensive make-up. I just don't see the need to. I only use mascara and lipgloss most days and I'm satisfied with the cheaper finds that I usually get from drugstores. How about you?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy expensive makeup. I only wear mascara, lipstick and other eye makeup. The most expensive makeup item I've purchased was mascara. Now, I buy most of my makeup at Target.

3. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I guess it helps that I cannot afford to buy expensive makeup, but I've always been satisfied with brands such as Revlon, Covergirl, Maybelline, etc... Lately, I've been loving the e.l.f. brand sold at Target. You can't beat the price of this makeup and it looks good, too.

4. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried many kinds of makeup but always end up using Covergirl. It isn't one of the more expensive brands, and it works well for me. I usually get all of my makeup at Target :D

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I used to experiment with most of the brands, but now I am pretty focused on brands that are 'green', are truly not tested on animals and have no harmful ingredients in them. So, I am not interested in brands but I am very interested in the contents and how they were sourced.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Don't get me wrong, I likes to save me some money, but when it comes to make up, it has to be the good stuff. I had a bout of bad skin back in the 80's and it was hard to get it back to normal. So I make sure my foundation, and powder, and mascara are a higher quality. The eyeliner, I will any cheap pencil I can find, usually about .99 or so.

7. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I also used to buy expensive makeup - purely because of the name most of the time rather than any real preference. As I have got older, I buy more affordable makes, the only time I spend a lot is if I really like a color or shade. I LOVE Clinique, which can be expensive but their products are so well made, it makes economical sense in the long run. At least that's what I tell myself! hahaha.

8. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure what is considered expensive but my make-up bag will consist of something from Revlon, MAC and one or two lipsticks from Clarins. I like using a good quality foundation and lipsticks that have a long wearing effect but that doesn't feel dry on my lips. When it comes to the brand of eye-shadow, I am not too fussy.

9. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    It depends on what item it is. I buy more expensive eye shadows because of the quality and high pigments in them. I don't like the cheap stuff at all. It doesn't seem to stay on me for the whole day. I also don't like a lot of inexpensive lip gloss. This is only really because of the smell. I guess I'm picky? Some of them smell so bad I can't wear them. I would end up buying a few to find one I like, so I might as well buy one I can test first even if it's more. I do like Bonnie Bell lip smackers for chap stick though. I don't buy mascara, really ever. I buy my few more expensive items when one of the brands I like are having a gift time. Then I get a mascara every time. Otherwise, I would buy cheap mascara.

10. QueenPisces

QueenPiscesNew Member

Threads:
    I currently use MAC makeup, and lately I've been hearing negative things about it so I am thinking of switching to Make up Forever or Bare Minerals, I think people with perfect skin can get away with using drugstore makeup, but if you have uneven skin or if cheaper makeup makes you break out the expensive brand is probably much better especially in my case, I've used drugstore makeup before and wasn't satisfied.